Chapter 15

I smile when I wake up to kisses being brushes across my cheeks, recognising them as Tommy's.

"Morning sweetheart," he says, his arms wrapped around my naked figure. "Morning love," I whisper, pecking his lips.

"I've run you a bath already," he says, getting up.

"What time is it?" I ask, getting up and running to the bathroom to escape the cold air.

"0700," Tommy says as he comes in, his briefs on as he sits on the toilet lid. "Anything planned for today?" He asks. "I've got to wrap everybody's presents."

"How many days till Christmas?" He asks as he helps me wash my hair.

"Four," I say, smiling.

"Spend it with me? You can make everybody one of your pies," he says, making me laugh. "Only if you help me make it."

"I'd do anything to keep you happy," he laughs, kissing my forehead.

"People always think you hate affection but your probably more affectionate than me," I giggle, washing the soap out of my hair.

"You made me soft," he snickers, connecting our lips for a quick peck.

"Go answer it, I'll be down in fifteen minutes," I say as somebody starts banging on the door.

He walks into my room and comes out wearing his shirt and trousers before going downstairs.

I get out the bath tub and wrap a towel around myself before running into my room and shutting the door and curtains, choosing out a red skirt with a white blouse and white undergarments.

I dry off before pulling my clothes on and brushing my hair, getting as much water out as I can before brushing it again then walking down the stairs to see Polly, John, Finn and Esme sat at my kitchen table with a stressed looking Tommy.

"What happened?" I ask, seeing everybody either looks stressed or sad.

"Arthur and Michael have been arrested," Finn says.

"What for? I thought the coppers were under your pay?"

"I don't know, I'll find out though, let me go get changed," Tommy says, walking upstairs.

"Cap off," I say to John.

"Does anybody want some tea?" I ask.

I make everybody a cup of tea and place it in front of them, getting some biscuits out and placing them in the centre of the table.

I sit on the countertop as they talk, not able to put word to it as they begin shouting over each other.

"Enough!" Tommy tells, silencing Polly.

"We'll take the men Esme."

"I'm going to the loo," I whisper to Tommy as I pass him, jogging up the stairs.

"I'll see you later Evie!" Finn calls as the door shuts.

I walk into my room and take a seat on the edge of my bed, biting my thumb. "Evie!" Tommy calls after a couple minutes and I hear his footsteps coming upstairs.

"What's wrong?" I ask, getting up and going to him. "I need you safe, stick with Finn or John," he says, beckoning me to follow him.