Chapter 27

"What the fuck do you want?" I bellow. "I swear to fuck if you're planning some shitty kind of torture you won't see the next fucking day!"

"Shut up will you?" Father Hughes - the Priest - says, coming in.

"Some fucking Priest you are! What the fuck is wrong with you! You've just kidnapped a pregnant woman - a pregnant Shelby woman at that! You've got a bullet with your fucking name on it!"

"I said shut up," he spits, getting into my face.

"Get the fuck away from me you bastard," I spit in his face, thrashing around in the restraints.

"As religious as I am, you do make me want to fucking slap you," he says, aggressively wiping it off.

I raggedly inhale then slowly exhale, quitting thrashing about and staring at him, calming myself down for the sake of the two little lives in the womb.

"Not so mouthy now are you?" He cockily says.

"Can I have something to eat?" I ask. "Now why should I do that? Mrs Shelby?"

"I'm pregnant, I'm starving, if I miscarry you'll be tortured to death."

"Your husband and his brothers will not lay a hand on me," he scoffs.

"I think you underestimate just how much I mean to them, you've taken their soft spot. I'm their soft spot cause they'll go to the fucking end of the world to protect me. They'll kill you in a second and I'm the only one that can stop them," I ramble, my hands trembling.

I let tears fall as he exits the room, keeping my sobs quiet. I glance around the room, stopping when I see somebody.

A man with brown eyes and light brown hair, a smile similar to mine.

"Dad?" I ask, confused. He walks - no floats - towards me.

That's when I notice he is a little bit transparent and covered in blood. "I'm so sorry Dad, I tried the best I could," I whimper.

"Please Dad, I tried so hard, I didn't want you to die, I never did," I sob. "Dad you've got to believe me," I weep.

"If it's cause I'm married to Tommy, I'm sorry but I won't let him go for you. He's... he's one of the best things that has happened to me."

"I'm not mad," he tells me, his voice strained. It sounds like a whisper in my ear and sends chills down my spine.

"I've gone fucking crazy," I mumble, not able to stop crying.

"You're connecting with your gypsy side more since your around the Shelby's a lot," Dad smiles, his voice not as strained as the last he spoke.

"You were at my wedding right?" I ask, remembering how Zilpha said she saw my father's spirit. "I was, walked you down the aisle as well," he smiles.

"Are you with mum?" I ask. "She's stood next to me," he says.

"I can't... I can't see her."

"That's fine, I think you'd be scarred if you did," I can faintly hear his laugh as I watch it happen in front of me.

"Who are you talking to?" Father Hughes asks, coming in with soup and a spoon. I ignore him and take the soup and spoon, eating it even if it is cold.

"He's going to hell," Dad whispers, sitting on the floor as he watches the Priest.

I hold back my laugh as Father Hughes leaves the room.

"I love you Dad," I whisper. "I love you too," he smiles. "It wasn't painful was it? When you died?"

"I was focusing on my two beautiful daughters before I passed Evie, there was nothing painful about that."