Epilogue: Wisdom and Courage

Several Months Later…

The day had finally arrived.

All of Hyrule had been waiting on baited breath for this glorious day to come, and it was finally here: a bright, warm, sunny late summer's day. The skies were a flawless, beautiful shade of blue and a light breeze wafted through the air, carrying with it a fresh, golden scent. It was as though the heavens themselves were bestowing their blessing upon what was to happen on this day, for while the kingdom had seen many perfect days such as this, few could have felt as lovely as this, considering the occasion.

Already a large congregation had gathered out in the front yard of the castle, to the point that people were spilling well out into the streets of Castle Town to the south. This was an event that no one wanted to miss after all, as it even of itself seemed to be yet another celebration of the era of peace that had fallen upon the land. And of course, since the ceremony was to honor the two saviors of the land themselves, no one wanted to pass up attendance from the moment they had heard about it months ago.

Of course, no one in the entire kingdom was more excited for this blessed occasion than the young couple themselves. Though there had certainly been a fair share of controversy surrounding their wedding preparations, specifically centered around their drastically different social standings, both the hero and the princess had managed to make it to this day even despite the heavy complaints and opposition of the royal council. As they had both vowed, nothing was going to break them apart after all they had been through, something they were about to prove on this very day.

As the vast crowds of people continued to gather near the beautifully decorated altar in the castle yard, both the hero and the princess were steadily preparing themselves for the ceremony, which was less than an hour away now. Of course, they had both been dreaming of this day for so long, ever since they were young, but now that it was finally happening, it felt more like a dream than reality, especially since this time several months ago, both of them were certain that they would never go to have it in the first place.

Though months had passed by peacefully and contentedly, both Link and Zelda found that they were still effected by all that had happened. And yet, they had found peace and solace in being together, things that they certainly didn't take for granted. Though there was still a great deal of healing that needed to be done, they had time and each other to help ease the pain. And yet, on this day, neither of them were thinking too much about the past, for how could they when they had such a glorious future to look forward to? Their union, as illustrious and built-up of an occasion as it had come to be by the people, would be nothing less than the ultimate proclamation of their love to each other, so that all would know just how devoted the two of them truly were to each other.

Though the hero had been told that he could go out into the yard and stand before the altar to wait for the princess quite some time ago, he had hesitated in doing so as he stood before the mirror and frowned apprehensively, realizing how little like himself he looked. Of course, Link didn't begrudge that fact too much as he knew he was doing it all for Zelda's sake, but he was still taken aback by just how regal his wedding outfit was.

He wore a tunic and cap that was similarly styled to the forest green versions he usually wore, only these were pure white, which would complement the princess's wedding dress nicely. His crimson cape and golden mantel hung proudly from his shoulders, flowing down behind him without a single wrinkle or flaw. His golden hair had been neatly combed, and though the servants had done their best to conceal the one silver-white lock of it, it was still just as present of a reminder to the hero as ever, as was the patch hanging over his right eye. However, even those things did not daunt Link at this moment as much as the golden, rather simple, but still stately crown resting on his head along the rim of his cap did, another reminder of the royal role he would have to take upon marrying Zelda.