Chapter 41: Answers Of Poison

Start from the beginning

Qrow: Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, 'kid.

Jaune sits back down on his log and crosses his arms. Qrow starts to take another swig, but changes his mind before the flask reaches his lips.

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days.

He caps and sets the flask down.

Qrow: This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.

Qrow: They were two brothers. The older sibling, the God of Light, found joy in creating forces of life.

Qrow: Meanwhile, the younger brother, the God of Darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas about how things should go.

Qrow: The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, wildlife. And at night, his brother would wake to see all the things that the elder had made and become disgusted.

Qrow: To counteract his brother's creations, the God of Darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all he could do to rid Remnant of life. Life always returned. So one night, the younger brother went and made something - something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything

Ruby: The creatures of Grimm.

Qrow: You guessed it. The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn't last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation... together, something that they could both be proud of, their masterpiece.

Qrow: The younger brother agreed. This last great creation would be given the power to both create and destroy. It would be given the gift of knowledge, so that it could learn about itself and the world around it.

Qrow: And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have free will to take everything it had learned and decide which path to follow - the path of light or the path of darkness. And that is how Humanity came to be.

Ren: But...what does that have to do with us?

Qrow: Well, that's the kicker. See, the four gifts to mankind - knowledge, creation, destruction and choice - aren't just metaphorical.

Qrow: Each of them exists in a physical form, left behind by the Gods before they abandoned Remnant, and each of them is extraordinarily powerful. If someone were to collect all four, they'd be able to change the world.

Qrow: That's exactly what the enemy wants, the Huntsman Academies were created to train generations of Humanity's protectors, but they also serve another purpose - guarding the Relics.

Qrow: When Ozpin's predecessor founded the schools, he built them around the Relics to act as a fortress. Not only would they be easier to defend, but they would constantly be surrounded by trained warriors.

Qrow: The hope was that hiding them would keep mankind from using them against itself... and, of course, keeping them out of her reach.

Qrow: So yeah, there's that.

Ruby: Her. You mean Salem?