"Choose which mug you want," I say, putting seven out.

"I've brought the Christmas tree!" Arthur yells, now coming into my house. I get another mug out.

"Put it in the lounge then come help me with the drinks!" I call, excited.

I look down when I feel my dress being tugged to see Sophie reaching for me. "Up you come," I laugh, picking her up.

"Look at you doing house wife things," Arthur teases. "You're doing them with me," I retort, taking the hot chocolate off the stove.

***

"If you drop me you're not spending the night for a week!" I tell Tommy as he puts me on his shoulders so I can put the star on the tree.

"I'm not gonna bloody drop you," he grunts, standing up.

"I want a go next!" Katie yells, making me laugh.

"Move forwards a bit I can't reach," I tell him. I gently place the star on the top of the tree and clap my hands when it's done, happy for my house to finally be decorated.

"Look how pretty it looks!" I squeal, waiting for him to sit down so I can climb off.

"Thank you," I say, giving him a kiss. "It's alright," he smiles, getting up from my sofa.

"My turn!" Katie demands, stomping her feet. "Up you come then," he laughs, lifting her up. "Dad I'm taller than you!" She laughs, holding onto Tommy's hair.

"Mistletoe," Polly chimes, putting it on the hook over the lounge door.

"Finn go get that girl you fancy and find some mistletoe," John suggests.

I laugh as Tommy begins spinning with Katie on his shoulders, not able to stop myself from imagining it was our child on his shoulders.

"Have a child, what harm could it do?" Polly whispers.

"I'd have to marry him before that, I don't think he's ready for marriage," I sigh.

"Put her down, Evie's getting that look Martha always did when she wanted another kid!" John yells making us laugh.

I giggle when Tommy shakes his head and puts Katie down then walks over to me. "I'll marry you first," he mumbles as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Look, she's the one to make him all soft," Arthur says to his nieces and nephews.

"Your Auntie Evie now!" Ben yells, making me blush and laugh.

"They tease me cause of you," he sighs. "Let them, it is quite funny," I snicker, making him scoff.

"Even my own bloody girlfriend has turned on me," he scoffs, making me laugh. "I haven't, I'm still the one who loves you most."

"Is Finn ere?" Isaiah asks, coming into my house.

"Take your bloody shoes off!" I scold.

"Where we going?" Finn asks.

"Rosemary Hoagie is in the Garrison and you can keep her company," Isaiah says.