Chapter 11: What did you just call me?

Raina's pov:

I couldn't believe what happened in the last few seconds. One moment I was on the ladder full of fear, expecting a nasty fall and the next moment I was safe in someone's strong arms. And I couldn't be more thankful that I survived this without breaking my skull.

There was only one problem though. I was saved by the person I had starting despising within 24 hours of our first meeting. Spectacle Boy.

"You are still under shock." His words brought me to back from my thoughts. I looked at him and found him smirking. This boy I tell you. I cringed realizing that he was still holding me.

"Put me down."

"But.."

"I said put me down."

"As you wish princess." He made me stand on the ground slowly.

I winced in pain as soon as my foot made contact with my ground. I limped my way to the nearest study table and sat down. I glanced at my foot which had started swelling. My shoulder was no better.

Today is an unlucky day for me. I sighed.

I lifted my gaze to see the boy and observed that he was in an outfit entirely different from his morning one. He was wearing ripped jeans and a white t-shirt that clinked to his biceps. And no spectacles. His outfit confirmed my suspicion. Of course it was a setup.

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket. I sighed reading the message, another one offering me a credit card.

I looked up again to ask the guy standing in front of me, one of the thousand questions I had in mind. But he was gone. I turned around in the chair to look
for him but he was nowhere.

Great. He just vanished.

Again.

I could think of nothing else but going back home. But the question was how?

I instantly rejected the idea of calling Sharon. I didn't want her to worry about me, more than she already did.

I somehow limped out of the library and managed to walk only three steps when I tripped on nothing and started falling face first in the floor.

Before I could touch the floor, I felt something wrap around my waist and I was pushed against a hard wall.

"Hey, careful miss." The wall said.

Huh?

I carefully turned around to see that it was a guy not a wall.

Are you kidding me? What is my life now? A wattpad novel?? Where in some cliché story, a girl is bullied by everyone in high school and her knight in shining armour rescues her. I cringed at the thought.

But this is reality. And it was not high school, it was college and that too not my college. For the love of God I was NOT A STUDENT.

Anyway.

It wasn't just some guy. It was Steven. My sister's boyfriend. My Angel.

"Angel?"

"If you say so." He said while helping me lean against the wall and he himself stood against the pillar in front of me, with folded hands maintaining a decent amount of distance from me.

There was an awkward silence between us until Angel decided to break it. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I seriously didn't want to talk about it. On seconds thoughts, I feel that I would not get selected for the project and therefore I won't have to come back to this place again. So all this would be irrelevant once I am out of here. I slowly shook my head in no.