Chapter 7: Kiss her!

Raina's pov:

I shifted in my bed as a cool breeze passed by. I guess I left the window open. I slowly opened my eyes to see that the sun is about to rise. The sky is looking amazing in a mix of red, orange and blue. I smile at the beauty of nature. I stretch my arms and get up in a happy mood. I have always been an early riser. It's my first day in New Jersey and I want to make it an eventful one.

I decide to take a shower and be ready for the day and after that I'll check up on Sharon. I changed into a white full sleeved crop top and blue jeans and decided to keep my wavy hair loose.

Well, Sharon is still asleep. So I decide to make some coffee for myself. As I take the first sip of coffee, I hear someone's phone ring. I see Sharon's phone lying on the center table in the living room. The caller ID flashes, it's Rayshawn.

Why is he calling this early? It's like 7AM. Today is Sunday, I don't think they have rehearsals today. I take the phone and enter Sharon's bedroom.

"Sharon."

No response.

"Sharon your phone is ringing." I say coming closer to the bed.

"I don't care. Let me sleep." She shouts.

"It's Rayshawn. Your friend. Remember." I say sitting on the bed.

"Ya. Ya I remember him" She says in her sleepy voice. I giggle at her response.

"It might be something important given the fact that he calling you at 7AM in the morning."

She jolts up hearing this and snatches the phone from my hand and answers it immediately keeping it on speaker.

"Ray, you ok? What happened? Why are you crying?" Sharon asks frantically

"I am fine. Sorry Sharon for waking you up and geez I am not crying. It's Tyler." Shawn speaks.

"Tyler?"

"His parents dropped him at my house at 6 in the morning. Can you believe it? I put him to sleep but he woke up in literally 20 minutes and is crying since them. Please come here and help me or I'll go crazy."

"Hold on. You want me come to your house this early and baby sit your cousin?"

"Precisely!"

"Please Ray. I want to sleep. It's Sunday. Try feeding him something, he'll stop crying." Sharon whines.

"I did. Nothing is working." Ray says in a helpless tone.

I let out a soft giggle hearing his voice. And then we hear the sound of a baby crying.

"Okay, we should go. " I tell my cousin feeling bad for Tyler.

Sharon eventually nods.

"Thanks Raina." Says Ray from the phone.

"How did you know that it was Raina?" Sharon questions her best friend.

"Well I kinda remember her voice since we met yesterday."

I smile comes on my face hearing his answer.

"Whatever. We'll be there in 20" Sharon blurts out.

Sharon hurriedly enters her bathroom and quickly changes from her night dress to a top and shorts.

"You drive since I am still sleepy." She says handling me the keys.

Oh God. Not again.

"I don't know the directions Sharon. So you drive." I tell her and we both leave the house immediately.