Chapter 6: Why are you blushing?

Rayshawn's pov:

Its a new day. I have decided to leave behind my past and spend time with my one true love Dance.

I am practicing in the rehearsal hall blindfolded. That is something that I do to block out all negative thoughts and also because I can feel Tracy around me.

That's how I first met her. 2 years ago I was dancing blindfolded in the rehearsal hall when she interrupted me and I saw her for the first time. She said that she was lost but I knew that she was checking me out. I smirked at the memory.

Sure I am trying to move on but I can never forget my wife. Though we couldn't get married but I respected and loved her no less.

As I turn on the music , I am taken into a world where there is no pain, no worries, no complications just pure calmness. As my body sways with the rhythm of the music, I feel all the problems fading away. I take a spin and my I collide with a solid figure.

"Trace you are here?" I said as I often felt her presence like this.

No response.

Obviously, it's my imagination but it feels very real.

I continue dancing feeling her presence around me. A small smile crept on my lips.

A grab the imaginary hand and make her do spin. As she rolls towards me , she places her hand on my chest. I place my other hand on hers.

Okay, this feels really real.

Shit. No.

Before I can react, the figure removes my blindfold using their other hand.

As my blindfold is removed, I see a girl with brown wavy hair and brown eyes standing in front of me. Definitely, she was real and no imagination. And I guess she was beautiful.

Ray stop. What are you thinking?

Realization dawns to me. "So-Sorry I thought you were someone else."

"Sure you did." She replies smirking.

Her voice was so sweet and her smile. What the hell Ray?

I quickly let go of her and take a step back.

"I have never seen you here before. Who are you and what are you doing in college at this time of the night?" I asked gaining my composure.

"Curious aren't we?" She replied smirking again.

I couldn't help the smile that came on my face just by seeing her smile and listening to her voice.

What are you doing to me?

I was behaving like a teenage boy would in front of his crush.

No. No. Nooo.

"Hello? Are you okay? You spaced out." She said snapping her fingers.

"I-I.." I tried to respond but was interrupted by a voice that I heard pretty much every day. "What the hell are you doing here?" My best friend asked the brown eyed girl.

"I was just passing by and I saw this boy dancing and stopped. But he got rather touchy." She answered.

Wait. What?

Sharon's eyes widened at the statement. "What? Ray, what is she saying?"

"It was a mistake. I didn't do anything Sharon." I don't know why I was scared. I actually didn't do anything.

Sharon raised her eyebrows at me and then turned her attention towards the girl.

"So, you were passing by here at midnight. Right. Very convincing I must say." Sharon remarked.