Chapter 9: I suggest you save your energy, princess.

Raina's pov:

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more."

Sound blasted from the stereo of the car in which Sharon was driving us to college. Well she was going to attend her classes and I was going there for an interview.

I leaned against the window staring at the rain was softly drizzling along the surface of the window. I remembered how Dad called up yesterday to inform me that I would get interviewed for the position of assistant architect for the dance academy project and also for the renovation and designing of an old college wing. It was a pleasant surprise as it would be a good learning experience for me. But I was also pretty nervous. As we approached the college, my heart starting hammering in my chest out of anxiety.

The car halted in the parking lot bringing out of my thoughts. "We are here." Sharon chirped as we both got out of the car.

"I am getting late, I should head for my classes. You'll be fine on your own?" She asked.

"I think so." I said nervously.

"Good. All the very best baby sister. I am sure you'll rock."

I rolled my eyes playfully. I don't think she'll ever stop calling me baby sis. "Thank you big sister." She chuckled and gave me a quick hug and left for her classes. "Let's do this." I took a deep breath and entered the college building.

As soon I entered the corridor, I realized my mistake of not asking where the principal's office was from Sharon. The building was very large. I glanced at my wrist watch, my interview starts in half an hour and I have no clue where to go.
I decided to ask for directions from a student. A saw a group of girls standing in the corridor laughing hysterically at some joke.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the principal's office is?" I asked one of the girls with blonde hair wearing a crop top and really short shorts. She was tall and looked way to hot, just like a super model. She turned around and I could see her green emerald staring at my chocolate brown ones.

"Fresher?" She asked while chewing her chewing gum with an open mouth.

Ew..Disgusting.

"Claire. Look at her. She is wearing denim jeans and sneakers. Obviously she is a fresher." Another girl with pink hair told the blonde one.

Wait! Do I actually look that young? And what's wrong with sneakers?

"Ooooo." Said the rest of the girl in sync while the pink haired girl tripped a student passing by intentionally. The student looked like she hurt her elbow and was teary eyed. I looked at her in concern and before I could step ahead to help her she quickly got up and ran away. How dare they behave so badly with her?

So, these girls belong to the typical college bullies' gang. I could teach them a lesson right now for bullying kids but sadly I don't have the time for it now.

"You were saying?" The blonde haired Claire asked.

"It's nothing. I have to go." I turned around and went in the opposite direction.As I came far from their sight I breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

"Ow"

Spoke to soon. A boy ran into me and dropped all his books from the impact of the collision.

"I am sorry. Very sorry. I was getting late for class." He said frantically searching for his glasses which flew a metre away.

I looked up at him to see a frown on his face. He had long hair from the front that came up to his eyes. I wondered if his long hair contributed to his poor vision. Anyway, what surprised me more was the number of books he was carrying. They were a lot. I mean I never carried around 10 books in classes even though I was very studious. I picked his glasses and handed it to him. "Its okay. Just be careful. You are carrying way too many books."