Chapter Sixteen

OLIVIA

"Here we go," Daniel mumbles.

Elena opens the door behind Daniel and gets in. Leaning forward to give Daniel a hug from behind.

"What's up cousin?" She's smiling when she looks to me. "Olivia, hello. What do we have here?" She's doing a little dance in her seat, her gaze switches from me to Daniel and back.

I laugh and Daniel rolls his eyes.

"Don't start, Ellie." He starts up the car and heads for our dorm.

"I didn't know you guys were friends." She leans forward so she's in between Daniel and I.

"We aren't," is Daniels gruff reply.

"Nice." I say staring at the side of his face.

Elena just laughs and shakes her head, saying something about how he is lying or whatever. I choose not to listen. She leans back and blabs on about how the night was a bust and that everyone was at the football house instead of Godfathers.

Two minutes later we pull up in front of our dorm. Daniels phone goes off and the call comes up on the dash in the centre. It's from Savannah and before he can decline the phone, Elena leans forward to accept it.

"I want to know how she speaks to Daniel. I bet she's going to talk all sexy and shit, ew," she sticks her finger in her mouth to pretend to gag.

"Danny?" Savannahs voice breaths into the car.

Daniel glares at us and gestures to get out. I go to grab the door handle but Elena is surprisingly strong as fuck and hold me back to the seat and laughs.

"Are you with another girl?!" Savannahs screech fills the car and I roll my eyes. God, I want my bed. Now.

"No, I'm not."

"You better not be, Daniel. I know you're still angry at me and kicked me out the other night, but I'm willing to forget it if you are. You better not be with someone, I mean it." She's angry and I cover my mouth to try not to laugh when Elena leans forward to end the call.

"I hate you, Elena," Daniel grumbles.

"You, love me. Don't lie." She kisses his cheek and hops out.

"Great, now she's going to have a sulk all night and talk for hours about emotions and shit." He sighs and scrubs a hand down his face in frustrations.

"You guys are together?"

"No, but she's adamant about making me her boyfriend... Our parents want us to be together so we've hung out for a while now if you know what I mean." Oh.

I don't say anything and I jump out of the car. He rolls down the window again and just stares at me.

"Uh, Thank you for the ride." I say more timidly than I mean to.

He nods his head and waits for us to walk through the dorm door safely. Another knee weakening weakness.

Elena waits for me at the stairs and we walk to our rooms. She talks about how she likes to mess with Daniel and that she isn't actually a bitch. I just laugh and nudge her with my hip.

We go our separate ways and I head for the showers. After, I lay in bed and read a book that I've been meaning to start. I fall asleep soon after.

***

The door slams open and I hear giggles. My eyes scan the dark room and land on the clock beside my bed. Three-oh-Nine. Saturday morning.

I see the silhouette of a big body. A man? What the fuck? And a giggling Ronnie. I hear kissing sounds and I freeze. Fuck.