Chapter Eight

OLIVIA

After the guys finished their game, I decided that I wanted to finally show Bradman his mistake of belittling my skills because I'm a girl.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me, Clarke!" Bradman yells and I giggle whilst grabbing the money from the centre of the table. I easily whipped the guys asses for the third time in a row now. Mostly taking money from Bradman because he got too cocky and added more in each time I wouldn't fold.

"Oh, you thought I was being for real when I said I didn't have a clue what to do? Wow, I thought you boys were smarter than that."

"Clarke, you are gorgeous but equally evil." Luke laughs along with everyone at the table.

Ronnie got up a few games back to go dance with Jameson back in the living room so I decide to stick with the boys.

"Yo, East, take that shit upstairs before we have to see more than what we bargained for." Shawn laughs. I haven't heard him speak that much but that's probably due to the fact that he has had his tongue stuck down Savannahs throat. Daniel just laughs like it was a joke and continues his groping session.

"Sav doesn't seem to mind." One of the girls on Beckham's lap snickers. Beckham squeezes her hip playfully and she giggles more.

"Shut up. Let's take this upstairs, Danny." Savannah said.

Daniel goes to get up but then focuses on Bradman when he stands and sits down in the seat next to me. "So, Clarke where did you learn those tricks from?"

"My father taught me when I was little," I state, taking a sip of my drink.

"Making it around the team before classes even start," Daniel chides with a scoff but then moves to grips Savannahs hand and pulls her off towards the house before I can even reply.

"What the—What's his deal?" Luke whispers in my ear.

"I have no clue."

"Just ignore him. I can talk to him later if you want?"

"No, that will make things worse. I'll handle him myself if he's rude to me again but thanks anyways." Luke nods his head and then talks to the girl that sits to his left.

"You're going to have to teach me your ways, Clarke. But for now, come dance with me." I hesitate for a minute but I stand with a slight wobble and Bradman wraps his arm around my waist.

We get pulled into the crowd of the dance floor, squished between sweaty bodies. After a while of dancing, the music's getting louder and I check the time to see that it's one o'clock in the morning. The time when the real party starts I guess. How did the time get away so fast?

I feel liquid from people's cups propel around the room, splashing everyone including me in the face and chest.

I laugh along with the rest of the girls and guys around us and my eyes spring to Bradman when I see he's stopped dancing.

His eyes darkened and his gaze pointed right at my chest. I look down and realise that the liquid splashed me so much that my white dress clung to my body like a second skin, making the dress somewhat transparent. Even though I have a black leather jacket on, it's still noticeable.

I wrap my arms around my chest and laugh even more. I've barely had one sip of alcohol but I think breathing in second hand smoke from the high as a kite guys sitting on the couch near us is getting to my head.

Bradman smirks and pulls me towards the stairs and my heart starts to race.

Once upstairs he must of notice my hesitance. "I'm not going to pull you into a room and have my way with you. I'm just checking for a bathroom to get you cleaned up," he chuckles.