Chapter 30 - Found

Start from the beginning

Taehyung glanced at you before shaking his head. "It wasn't difficult. I had already found Y/N by the time we started to set sail."

You blinked at him, not understanding. "What do you mean... you found me?"

He paused, starting to speak but pausing again before he actually did so

"I was the one who traced your lineage," Taehyung said. "I knew the spiritual realm had been divided for too long, and I wanted to put it together again. So I tracked you down and gave that information to the captain as insurance to be brought aboard with the rest of the crew."

"Clever," Seokjin commented. "I'm sure your charmspeak helped as well?"

Taehyung nodded. "I was able to convince them not to hurt Y/N for her blood, but I hadn't expected the captain to take her hostage. I suppose I should have gone with him on the night he went after Y/N, but how could a cook ask to tag along on such a mission? When they brought her aboard, I was able to convince Jungkook to make Y/N my assistant, so at least I could keep my eye on her."

You heard the words, but nothing was processing.

"I didn't realize she was an incarnate right away," Taehyung continued. "Not until she refused to respond to my charmspeak. Jimin resisted at first, too - due to his background in astrology and alchemy - so I thought it was simply another challenge for my power."

"Get to the point," Seokjin said. "What's the deal with this scar?"

"It isn't difficult," Yoongi interjected, causing us all to face him. "Her human body is a bloodline descendant of one of the Guardians, while her spirit is an incarnate of one of our sirens."

"What a fantastically miraculous coincidence!" Hoseok added.

"Miraculous indeed," the king agreed, smiling in satisfaction. "If it wasn't for Taehyung, you might have never known who you were, Y/N. You would still be separated from us."

You glanced at Taehyung, but he looked away.

I also wouldn't have been taken from my family, you thought.

"Also," Seokjin added, "the spiritual and human realm would have been severed for much longer than it was."

"Both are winning points for Taehyung," Hoseok beamed.

"But sucks for Y/N," Yoongi added.

The king stepped forward. "As far as I'm concerned, both of you sacrificed for the redemption of the spiritual and physical realms. Maybe you weren't aware of it, but it is still so. That will not go unnoticed in your trial tomorrow."

The word brought you back to your original question.

"What happens at the trials?" you asked.