Jimin's Ending

"Father, you must rest now," you said, making your voice light. "Remember the doctor's orders."

Your father laid his head back against his pillow, his eyelids fluttering shut.

"Yes, yes," he said, complying. "Rest is the best choice."

You pulled his blankets up to his shoulders, tucking him in gently as he submitted to sleep. There was a weight in your stomach as your fear for his health and your guilt for using charmspeak intertwined.

I'm sorry... this is the only way I can help you, Father...

When he had fully fallen asleep, you stepped outside his bedroom, shutting the door behind you and putting your face in your hands.

It had been three months since you had come home, your father's health improving slower than the doctors had wanted. There were times he went into fits of rage from his illness, and you had started using your charmspeak to keep him calm and stable.

But it tore you apart to do so. Just knowing you could affect people in such a powerful way was overwhelming. Even though you had broken off your engagement to Seokjin's father, you were left with questions about your future. Could you actually marry for love? You'd forever be a natural charmer, your feelings undoubtedly real, but your husband's always questionable.

You swallowed, wondering if someone could love you truly; if there was someone who could care for you beyond a spell.

Even if it isn't real... I want to feel it.

You understood Jimin's words so well now. Because even if a man couldn't love you without your power, you still wanted to love someone with every fiber of your heart.

A knock came to the front door. You lifted your head, looking towards the staircase in curiosity.

"May I help you?" you heard Lina ask downstairs.

"Yes, I apologize for coming so late in the evening and unannounced," a familiar voice said. "I was wondering if I might speak with the lady of the house."

That formal tone...

Your heart jumped to your throat as you rushed towards the top of the staircase. Jimin stood frozen in the doorway, his eyes meeting yours as he swallowed. You froze as well, unable to say a word; not even his name.

Lina cleared her throat as she took Jimin's coat

Lina cleared her throat as she took Jimin's coat. "You two can visit in the parlor. I'll make you some tea."

She nodded sharply at you, telling you nonverbally to act presentable and come down. You came down the steps, trying not to show how much you were shaking.

Jimin was still as handsome as the day you had met him. Not a trace of demon in his eyes, pure and mature, every bit a gentleman.

But how did he see you now?