You're Spiderman?!

In which Peter Parker isn't who you thought he was.

High school, to be frank, was awful.

It was the same routine every day. Wake up early, go to school for practically a third of the day, do homework, eat, and repeat. Schools said that you had time for other, more enjoyable activities, but they were wrong. It was so... boring.

Heck, Midtown High was the most boring of them all. Your parents sent you to this high renowned school to help pursue your 'academic goals,' yet Midtown High was the most basic school out there. 

Not to mention that you switched to Midtown in the middle of the school year. Everyone had already found their groups, while you were a loner, just doing what you had to to get by.

So what did you do during teachers' long rants and loud lunches?

You observed. It was funny how much the teachers didn't notice. This included, but was not limited to, Peter Parker's numerous disappearings throughout the day. He would ask to leave in the middle of class, head in the opposite direction of the bathroom, and be gone for the rest of the period, only to show up right on time for his next class. 

Of course, you would be lying if you said the other guys didn't do this too. They did it all the time! But Parker seemed too much like a good person to do whatever Flash and his crew did. 

The class began to snicker, and you shook yourself out of your daze.

"What?" you asked.

The teacher sighed and pinched the middle of his nose. 

"I asked if there was something wrong with being a partner with Mr. Parker."

"Why... why would I say that?" You were too shy of a person to ask for a partner switch regardless of who it was. You'd end up doing all the work anyway, so there wasn't even a point in asking.

"Your facial expression seemed very troubled," he stated. You relaxed your facial muscles, realizing that your eyebrows had been scrunched while you were thinking. Your face heated.

"No, nothing is wrong. Sorry," you mumbled.

A couple of the girls in the corner made a face at you while running their freshly manicured fingers through their hair.

"Good. Alright, you guys can split up into your groups for the lab!"

Chairs screeched against the floor as the partners gathered at their designated tables. You watched as Peter stood up while Ned whispered something, Peter answering with a nod and grim smile. However, the concern in Peter's eyes was undeniable.

"Is everything alright, Parker?" you asked. Even if you hardly knew him, a little socializing every now and then wasn't going to kill you.

Peter glanced around the room. "Yeah," he said uncertainly.

You cocked an eyebrow. You knew how to read people, and something was clearly up. "If you say so, Parker. Now, were you paying attention to the lab instructions? I have no idea what to do."

It took a minute for Peter to respond. "I... uh... have to go."

Your jaw dropped, as that was the only possible reaction for you to have as Peter briskly walked out of the classroom, the teacher not even noticing his exit. If Peter Parker was going to make you do all of this project by yourself, there was no hope for this school whatsoever.

You stood up quickly, the chair falling over from the impact of your legs hitting it. Everyone stared at you as the class fell silent. There was no way of sneaking out.