His Shield

Synopsis: You are the kid of Captain America and you find your Dad's shield in the closet.

"Bye, Dad! Have fun at your meeting," you smiled, pulling your Dad into a tight hug.

"It'll be far from fun, that's for sure."

"Yeah," you said, pulling out of the hug, "but at least Uncle Thor and Cousin Peter will be there to keep things interesting."

You knew that your Dad was Captain America and that he was an Avenger, but based on the way your Dad talked about it, he always made the job seem far from dreamy. You knew that he was probably trying to keep you out of the field, but it was hard to not want a job with SHIELD, especially when most of your family worked there.

Ever since you were born, your Dad had taken it easy on the missions, not wanting to leave you behind without a parent. Still, sometimes you saw your Dad sneak out in his skin tight suit and his shield peaking out of his backpack. 

"What's the meeting about?"

Your Dad looked off, as if to ponder what the meeting was in fact about. You knew he couldn't tell you all the details due to security issues, but he always did his best to explain his job to you.

"I think we're trying to keep some peace between the Avengers and the Government. Ever since the team decided against signing the Accords, we're trying to find the best way to keep everyone happy."

"Have fun with that," you told him. "When you get home, I'll have some pizza on the table."

"Sounds good, sweetheart. I could go for some ice cream afterwards, too..."

"Yes!" you exclaimed, your eyes lighting up. "I can't wait."

"See you later!" he said, finally walking out the door. 

You waited until the locked clicked on the door to run off to your Dad's bedroom. 

You had always wanted to get a better look at your Dad's shield, and because it was usually at the Avengers facility, now would be one of the only times to mess around with it. 

"What does Dad have hiding in the closet...?" you whispered to yourself.

Your Dad's past had been far from easy. You always wanted to ask him about it, but it always seemed like a touchy topic to discuss with him, which is why your resorted to snooping around to get your information.

"How in the world does he fit into that suit?" you baffled as your eyes fell upon the red, white, and blue suit. 

But your eyes immediately fell off of the suit and onto the shield.

"Whoa..."

You picked the shield up from the depths of the closet and slid the armstraps onto your arm. It was surprisingly light and the wear of the leather was heavily used.

Sometimes you still had trouble wrapping your head around the fact that your Dad was Captain America. You had sneaked a peak at old photo albums from the time period. The war, the serum, Bucky before the Winter Soldier, the time he was frozen in the ice, Peggy Carter; it was all a mystery to you. You knew of it, but you didn't really know it.

You knew that the shield didn't really belong to you, but you couldn't help but want to give it for a test run.

~~~~~

"So, I assume that he just throws it like a frisbee?" you asked yourself.

Honestly, you hadn't thought through on how to throw it.