Some Mental Help

Synopsis: The Avengers don't realize they need a therapist until you come in. This takes place after Endgame but Natasha and Tony are very much alive.

"Thank you so much for coming," Pepper said gratefully. "Every day they tell that they're fine, but I hear the screams that ring throughout the hallway."

You nodded. "What they do has to have some sort of negative psychological impact on their brain. I'm glad you called me."

"I didn't tell the Avengers that you were coming, so be prepared for some questions when they meet you."

"Of course."

You did your best to sound professional, but it wasn't every day that you got to meet your lifelong heroes. Still, Pepper trusted you to do your job, so that's what you had to do.

"Anyone in particular I should be prepared for?" you asked her.

"Natasha and Bucky have a similar, terrible pasts. I don't think anyone except each other know what they've been through. They were both forced to kill. Tony, though, will probably be the hardest. He's too stubborn and proud to talk about his feelings."

You understood that; sometimes telling someone else how you feel makes you feel vulnerable. After the war with Thanos, you understood that. Unfortunately, you were in the half that lived. You didn't know what to do for 5 years, and even after everyone was back, there was still unease within yourself.

"Avengers," Pepper said, opening the door, "This is Dr. (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

"You can call me (Y/N)," you smiled.

"Hate to break it to you, Pepper, but no one is injured," Tony said.

"And I didn't hire a lab partner," Bruce added.

You cleared your throat. "I'm here to help with your PTSD."

The entire room groaned.

"The war with Thanos is over, but Pepper told me that many of you still wake up in the middle of the night screaming."

"We don't need a doctor for that."

"Are you sure? Mr. Stark, cancer can form from stress -- stress can cause bad habits that could lead to cancer. You'd really need a doctor for that. If you really don't want me here, I could always make sure the Sam is leading therapy sessions like he used to do at the VA. Pick your poison."

The Avengers glanced at each other before looking at you.

"You have a week."

~~~~~

"Hey, (Y/N)... can I talk to you?"

You turned around and found Peter, the youngest of the Avengers, approaching you.

"Of course, Peter. How can I help you?"

"The rest of the Avengers don't want to talk to you, but I, for one, need someone to help me out."

You nodded and sat on the couch, gesturing him to sit next to you.

"What's bothering you, Peter?"

"I get these really bad nightmares. Some nights I see myself getting turned to dust, the pain and everything all over again. The other nights I'm watching every single member of my family die before my eyes. I know I'm fine now, but..."

"You can't help but feel like this is just temporary," you finished.

His eyes started watering. "What if this happens all over again? Those were the most painful five years of my life," his voice cracked.

Avengers x Reader One-shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara