Some Mental Help Part 2

"Steve, can I have help carrying my mattress downstairs?" you asked as you struggled to drag the mattress off of the bed frame.

"Sure thing." He set down his mattress to grab yours, which he effortlessly lifted up with one arm while he took his in the other arm.

"Showoff," you grumbled, following him into the hallway.

However, Bucky was holding two mattresses while Natasha sat on top of the pile, scrolling through her phone.

Steve's eyes sparked with the competition. He adjusted his grip on the mattresses and gestured for you to sit on top of the tower.

You didn't doubt Steve's strength, but you were worried about how competitive these two would get and the fact that you were going to be dragged into it.

"I want a free ride downstairs!" Clint yelled, joining you. 

Steve wasn't even sweating.

"Parker!" Bucky called.

"Yeah, Mr. Barnes?" he replied. Somehow, Peter had managed to sneak into the scene while being on the ceiling.

"Hop on."

Natasha scooched over, making room for Peter, while they both laughed at something on the phone. 

"Race?" Steve asked.

"You bet!"

You tensed your body and grabbed onto the edge of the mattress.

"Does this happen often?" you asked Clint.

"Only when we need the mattresses for something."

"When was the last time that happened?"

"Sam got stuck in the chandelier and we needed a cushion so he could safely fall."

That wasn't what you quite expected, but you didn't argue with Clint. These were the Avengers; you had no idea what their daily lives looked like. If that included having Sam get stuck in the chandelier, well, you weren't one to argue.

~~~~~

"What's that burning smell?" you coughed, dark smoke filling up the kitchen. You were pooped from the race, even though you didn't do any of the racing. The adrenaline rush must have used a lot of your energy, so you came into the kitchen to check on snacks.

"Listen, community college, don't put out another burning bowl of popcorn! I have this under control!"

"Is everything OK, Tony?"

Tony dumped the charred popcorn into the trashcan. 

"Yeah," he sighed, "but I would have thought that a genius like me would be able to cook some popcorn."

"How come you didn't ask anyone for help?"

"Because I can figure it out."

"I'm sure you can, Tony, but there's nothing wrong with asking for help."

Tony gave you an unsure look as he placed some more popcorn into the bowl. You didn't tell him what to do, but this time you watched carefully. 

Little popping noises filled the pot, but Tony ignored them.

"I think the popcorn is almost done."

Tony scrunched his eyebrows. "But it just started popping."

"Yep. If you leave it on too long though, it will burn. It's better to make more later than to waste a whole batch," you told him, turning off the stove and placing a large amount of butter and salt onto the snack.

"Thanks."

You smiled. "No problem. Let's go see how the mattress fort is going."

~~~~~

When they said they wanted a fort made out of mattresses, they weren't kidding. The Avengers must have taken the mattresses out of every room in the tower, and the mansion was as big as the living room. You would have been nervous about the stability of the highest level, but Peter had used some of his webs to make the whole thing stick together. It was clearly safe, as Bucky and Sam tried to push each other off of the top -- the tower wasn't wobbling at all.

"Is -- is this normal?" you asked Natasha, pointing to the small war on the top level of the tower.

"Yep," she said, throwing her hair up into a messy bun.

Sam let out a yell and fell onto the mattress below, right before bouncing off of that and smacking the tiled floor.

"And does it usually end like that?"

"Almost always."

"Wait, I thought you guys said that these small nights off don't happen very often?"

She shook her head. "They don't, but we always find ourselves having the time to do random, worthless things like this. It doesn't usually happen in one night though."

Peter crawled out under a pile of pillows. 

"Finally! I thought I would never see the light of day again!"

You noticed that Peter rocked Iron Man pajamas while Tony wore Spider-Man ones. How cute!

Natasha ran off and joined a game the rest of the Avengers had started to play, and you couldn't help but smile. 

You were glad that you were able to bring one small night of happiness for all of them, regardless of how small the suggestion was. They had so much going on in their life, they deserved a mental health day. They didn't take them often enough.

Someone shoved you over. "You're it!" Sam cried.

So that's what they were playing. Tag in the fortress. 

"Ah!" you whined, acting as if you were severely hurt. 

Steve, being quite the gentleman he was, stepped in and helped you up. As soon as you were on your feet, you tapped his hand again.

"I'm not it anymore, Sam!"

Sorry this one took so long to publish. Also, if you want to request something without the reader, feel free to suggest something. I don't want to write any ships, but if you want a Spider son (Tony and Peter) or a Mama Spider (Natasha and Peter) I can do that. Hope you're doing great!