Sister Part 2

You hadn't lost any strength or skill in the past 10 years. Your brain had been wired since you were six on how to do this. You knew his next move and he knew yours with neither of you holding back. It was both slightly terrifying and amazing. 

Somehow a crowd managed to file into the room while you two were fighting. Small cheers and chants were shouted while you did a quick back handspring, nailing Bucky in the jaw. 

You both now stood at the opposite ends of the mat, neither of you wanting to call quits. You were both coated in sweat, and Bucky's lip was bleeding while you had a bloody nose.

You were about sprint at him again when Steve interrupted the fight.

"I'm sure both of you could have gone much longer," he told you before you could yell at him. "But we have a big mission tomorrow and we don't need ourselves to be sore before it."

"I stretched!" you insisted.

"But I didn't," Bucky said. "That was one of the hardest fights I've ever been in."

"That was quite fun to watch," Natalia smiled.

"Hey, how about the two sisters fight each other?" Tony proposed.

You shook your head. Too many memories there. You could feel a scar on your stomach from the last time you let Natalia win.

"I'm good," you both said at the same time. 

"We have a mission tomorrow. Get ready."

~~~~~

"Okay, where am I in this plan?" you asked the team.

Steve had given everyone a job except you. 

"You're going to stay on the ship as mission control unless we desperately need you."

You put your hands up in exasperation. "Seriously? I come all the way to Russia just to sit on the ship? Natalia," you said, hoping she would help.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I know you want to help, but I'm not losing the only family I had left."

"I thought these guys were your family?" you told her, gesturing to the Avengers. "They've certainly held most of your attention ever since we got out."

"(Y/N), not now," she begged. 

You had to admit, ever since you met the Avengers, you were slightly jealous of your sister. You had spent your whole life trying to find a place in the world, but you felt so at home with these guys. And now, not even your sister trusting you not to get hurt in battle? That hurt.

"Just promise me you'll stay on the ship."

"I promise that I will make the best decisions I can when the Red Room finds out your here."

"The Red Room won't find out. We're great at undercover jobs," Clint said. "Unless you know something?"

"I know the Red Room. They're much more talented than you think. You must be prepared for an ambush, whether you like it or not." You slid a gun and a knife into your holsters.

"That's kind of pessimistic," Tony remarked.

"I'm being a realist. I think you forget that I've worked for the enemy. You think you know the Red Room? Look how far I tried to stay away from them, only to get pulled back into this. You think I don't have nightmares? You think I don't have scars?"