Sick Day

Synopsis: After a mission, all the Avengers get sick (including our Avengers with the super soldier serum).

"What happened!?" you asked as the Avengers stumbled into the Avengers HQ.

Normally after a mission, the Avengers had a couple of scrapes and wounds, but this was different. There wasn't a single scratch on them, but dark circles, goopy eyes, runny noses, and coughs took their place instead. It looked bad, but it probably felt worse to have whatever mysterious virus they had. 

"When we snuck into a HYDRA base, we somehow ended up locked in a room. They let a mysterious gas fill the room, and this was what happened," Tony sighed, congestion clogging his throat.

This seemed like the sort of thing HYDRA would do, but something seemed off.

"But how did it get through your suit, Tony? And why wouldn't HYDRA just make a gas that would finish you off immediately? Giving you the common cold doesn't make any sense."

"This is more than a common cold, (Y/N)," Natasha said, paler than usual. "And whatever HYDRA developed was probably a first draft -- not perfected quite enough to cause any actual harm, but enough to delay our next mission. Whatever it is, though, is enough to get through any protection we have, including Tony's suit and the super soldier serum."

"Glad I wasn't there," you mumbled, still taking in the information. You had been forced to stay at the Avenger's HQ due to a stab wound to the leg you received on a mission the other day. Still, you were going to have to take care of your fellow teammates.

"Is it contagious?" you asked.

Bruce shook his head as he sat down in the chair. "I doubt it. Unless you breathe in the stuff we breathed, you should be fine."

You nodded. At least that would make the job slightly easier. Clint gripped the nearest object, needing some support as his legs weakened. Besides you, he was the most human on the team, so he was probably going to go through more severe symptoms. 

"You guys should all go rinse off and get some rest. I'll bring you something to eat and I'll look into making an antidote."

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Bucky asked. "There are quite a lot of us to take care of."

"Yes. Now go upstairs," you said, pointing down the hall. 

Even in their misery, some of the Avengers grinned at your 'parenting.'  Some SHIELD staff helped assist Clint while the rest of the Avengers stumbled their way down to their bedrooms.

"What to feed them..." you mumbled, limping over to the pantry. Just because Stark was your doctor when you got stabbed in the leg didn't mean it was going to heal immediately.

You grabbed a couple of boxes of instant chicken noodle soup as you boiled some water. You also tossed a couple of pieces of bread into the toaster. 

"Hey, JARVIS," you said, realizing you had some time to spare while the food cooked. "Tell Shuri and Peter that I'm going to need them later today to help me develop a vaccine."

"Done, Miss (Y/L/N)," JARVIS replied.

You poured the soup into multiple bowls and placed a piece of toast as a side. You also poured the team multiple glasses of water. As you placed each of the plates on a cart to carry upstairs, you couldn't help but feel like a lunch lady. Tony would probably say something about it if he was feeling well enough.

You were about to enter the elevator when loud footsteps drifted behind you. No one except you and the Avengers were supposed to be here, and they were all upstairs in their rooms. You turned around and pulled out a gun, something you carried around with you all the time.