DEC 5: EASY MORNINGS | VM

Vinny Mauro | 13

Day 5 of the 31 days of Christmas prompts!

Prompt 5:  Hectic Mornings

Each morning seems to be just like the last. Frantic to say the least. Both you and Vinny have jobs you have to get to pretty damn early. You work as the secretary for the governor and Vinny well, he worked at a rather high up position at a record label. So it was pretty important for the both of you to be punctual each day. For the sake of your jobs y'know?

You'd think that the two of you would pick up some sort of routine? Like wake up at a decent time, make breakfast, have a cup of coffee, take a shower, throw on some clothes, do some makeup, grab your stuff, then It's out the door right?

Wrong.

You two couldn't pick a routine to stick on to save your lives. You used all of your planning skills at work and never seemed to bring them home unless you were filling out the calendar that hangs on the wall in your office. But then again, that only needed to be filled out once a month.

So the both of you end up scrambling to do what you need to do and get out the door to work. And of course this morning is no different. The chill of winter is something neither of you are used to yet. It had been such a pleasant year weather wise and neither of you were ready for winter. So each time the alarm went off you both smashed the snooze button, mumbling about how it was too cold and It's not time yet. Eventually when you opened your eyes for real to take a look at the clock, you were very much late getting up.

You spring up from your position on the bed, practically push Vinny out of bed to get him up, not wanting him to be late either. He wakes up with a start, seeing the time and racing to the closet to find a pair of pants to shield him from the cold. He never slept with anything but boxers so winter mornings were going to be a rude awakening for him.

You two bumped hips as you throw on your pants, laughing to each other and stealing a kiss before you both run to the cramped bathroom that you share. You have a second bathroom downstairs and it would make things so much easier if one of you just went downstairs and just used that to get ready each morning. But of course, you both being the lazy people you are, never decide on who's going to move their stuff. Even when you did try, neither of you wanted to. So you're stuck in the cramped bathroom with your boyfriend who doesn't smell the best this morning. Gross.

"Vin put on some deodorant." You wave your hand in front of your nose with a look of disgust.

He childishly laughs and raises his arm, moving it closer.

"You're disgusting." You smile and push him lightly into the wall.

"Hey! That wasn't very nice!" He comments as he brushes out his hair.

You roll your eyes as you continue to straighten your hair, your elbow occasionally knocking with his. Obviously you two need to make a dance routine or something to keep your limbs to yourself. Because the amount of joint pain you have after a hectic morning is beyond belief.

You finish with your hair and duck under Vinny who's standing in the doorway brushing his teeth to go find a blouse that doesn't look to wrinkled. You decide on one of the black ones that lay on the floor of the closet. You really need to start cleaning...

You bring it to your nose, nodding in approval before slipping it on.

"You could've kept it off for a little while longer." Vinny smirks, standing once again in the doorway to your closet, still shirtless himself.