In The End | CM

02 | Chris Motionless
TW: suicide/ overdose

This whole week at the studio no one has been able to get along. And now I'm leaning towards scrapping the whole band. Who wants to be with a bunch of guys who can't make one fucking decision?

Whatever...
It's time to go home anyways.

I get into my car and drive home quickly, well as quickly as you can go with iced over roads. I smile when I remember that the only person who really lights up my world is waiting for me at home. Every single day I can't wait to get home to see her beautiful face. Even if she's upset or had a bad day. I just love to be with her no matter what. Unconditional love? That's what they call it. Yeah...
I pull into the driveway and cut the engine, walking inside and calling out for my girlfriend. "Macy? Babe?" I keep looking around for her. It's extremely unusual for her to not be here when I get home. Either she's making something for dinner or sitting on the couch watching TV...

That's when I saw the note on the counter.

————
"Don't come upstairs. Just call the police.
I love you Chris."
- M
————

Shit.
This is not what I think it is...
I immediately run up the carpeted stairs, taking two at a time. I try and pull open the bedroom door but it won't budge.

"Fuck! Macy come on! Baby please open the door!" I shout while mercilessly pounding on the door.

I get no response.

I try everything I can to get that fucking door open and nothing works... So here's where fight or flight comes in. I swiftly kick the door in and run over to my girlfriend who lies on the bed, unconscious and unresponsive. I shake her shoulders roughly.

She's definitely not sleeping.

Multiple yellow bottles of pills lie around her.
I immediately stick my fingers down her throat. "Come on... Come on!" I mumble as I work harder on trying to get whatever I can to come up. I feel tears streak down my face and fall onto hers when I realize It's useless... I cup her face with my other hand, letting out a loud sob. "Why the fuck did you do this Mace!" I shake her lighter and rest my head on her chest. A rush of anger floods through me. "You're not fucking done yet." I growl through tears. I practically shove my whole hand down her throat to get the contents in her stomach up.
I quickly take my fingers out when I hear her choking and roll her onto her side to let everything out. The puke doesn't stop for a few minutes but when it does she's disoriented. She looks up at me with unfocused eyes. But they sharpen quickly, and she's on top of me almost as quickly, trying to choke me out with the small amount of strength she has.

"Why couldn't you have let me die Christopher! Goddamnit!" She screeches. I can tell her burst of energy is fading quickly.

I pull her hands away from my throat and roll her back over, keeping her hands down by her sides. I feel a new wave of tears hit. "Because I fucking love you Mace! You're the thing I look forward to seeing every fucking day! I need you..." I cry.

Her anger subsides and I see her start crying too. I hold her close and we just cry together.
After an eternity our tears seem to subside and I say softly, "don't go where I can't follow..."

She gives a weak nod in response. "I love you Chris..."

"I love you too Macy." I let a few seconds of silence pass, "Eternally yours?" I ask.

"Eternally yours."