Chapter Seventeen

Logan, Rory, Colin and I were all walked together through the Yale campus one evening after a double date to the theatre. Logan had his arm wrapped around Rory's waist while Colin and I walked arm in arm next to them.

"So, judging from the snoring I'm guessing you two love the theatre." Rory said sarcastically to Logan and Colin, while I giggled at Colin's grimace.

"That was not a snore. That was a groan." Logan corrected her with a smile.

"It was not a painful play." My twin argued with him and I laughed at her outlook because I agreed with the boys about the play. Halfway through the first act I had dragged Colin out of the theatre and we made out in the bathroom until intermission.

"Any play is a painful play for me."

"Well, that's too bad, because you're going to miss out on some wonderful things." I told the boys, defending my twin.

"Yeah, like what?" Colin asked me playful as he pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Our Mom took me to see Caroline, or Change in New York, Tony Kushner's musical, and it was the most amazing thing we ever saw. Tony Kushner wrote Angels in America." Rory answered for me and I laughed at the memory.

"I know who Tony Kushner is." Logan told her, a little offended that she thought he didn't. I rolled my eyes at them because I knew where this was going.

"So you've seen his plays?"

"No, my Mom plays Canasta with him every month he's in town." Logan informed her and she stopped walking in shock. We all stopped as well a few feet in front of her and waited with raised eyebrows.

"Tony Kushner plays Canasta with your mother?"

"Badly, but yes."

"Seriously?"

"Oh, yeah. Tony really sucks at Canasta but he's pretty good at Poker." I informed them with a waved of my hand. Rory turned to look at me in shock and I looked back in amusement.

"You play Canasta and Poker with Tony Kushner?" she asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as the boys chuckled at Rory's excitement.

"Sure, Shira and Amanda invited me a few times. Amanda is Colin's current step-mother."

"She won't last." Colin added in amusement and I turned to him with a confused frown.

"I thought you liked Mandy?" I asked him ignoring Logan and Rory's gazes that were on us as we started walking again.

"I do. That's how I know it won't last." He said with a smirk and I chuckled as I linked my arm back through his.

"You have a magical life! And you don't even know it." Rory exclaimed as we walked through the abandoned campus courtyard.

"So, where to next?" Colin asked us.

"Oh, I don't know. Mah Jongg with Mamet?" Rory suggested drily and we all chuckled.

"How does ice cream sound?" Logan asked her instead.

"Ice cream sounds great." She replied with a smile.

"Then ice cream it is." Colin said as he grabbed my and Logan caught hold of Rory's. the two boys pulled us towards one of the buildings.

"Whoa, Logan! Where are we going? Slow down." Rory insisted as we ran in our heels behind them.

"Slow down and you die, Ace." Logan replied as we neared the buildings doorway and I noticed that it was the cafeteria.

"Yeah, you go too fast in heels and you kind of die also." I commented as we came to a stop in front of the door. Colin and I looked around to make sure no one was around as Logan pulled out a key and opened the door. Logan dragged Rory into the dining hall and Colin and I followed behind them, chuckling at Rory's perplexed expression.