Chapter Four

I was running around my dorm room looking for textbook that I had misplaced. I was starting to get really anxious because I was running late to the class. Throwing my hands in the air in defeat I ran to door and opened it to call to Rory.

"Rory! Have you seen my textbook?" I asked my twin desperately. She stuck her door around the corner of her room and looked at me, puzzled.

"Which one?"

""Cultural Disenfranchisement with Women's Role Models". Do you have it?" I pleaded, giving her puppy dog eyes and pouting.

"Nope." She said as she went back into her room and I groaned and ran back into my room to continue searching. I was scrambling around the room, throwing my stuff around when I thought about another place it could be. Picking up my phone, I pressed speed dial two and held it up to me and shoulder so that I could use my hands still.

""Cultural Disenfranchisement with Women's Role Models" - do you have it?" I pleaded with my mother pleadingly as she picked up.

"Oh, God, I hope not." She joked on the other end of the phone and I groaned.

"It's the book for the class I'm officially late to." I explained desperately as I continued searching through my suitcase.

"Oh." She said in understanding and I could hear her moving around on the other end. I could her Luke on the other end as well and smiled to myself, happy that mom and Luke were getting along great.

"What are you looking for?" I heard Luke ask my mom faintly in the background.

"A big, boring book." She answered him.

"Who is that?" I asked her coyly, trying get her to spill. I sat down on the bed, hoping that she would give me some details.

"It's Luke?" mom said but it sounded more like a question.

"Who's that?" Luke asked her.

"It's Christa."

"Luke. It's pretty early in the morning for Luke to be there. Unless, perhaps, he woke up there." I stated slyly and couldn't help the smirk that fell on my lips.

"Well, he did." She confirmed to me and I could hear the smile in her voice.

""He did" what? Are you talking about me?" Luke asked her on the other end.

"Man, that's weird." I stated matter-of-factly.

"What's weird?" mom asked, worry tinting her voice now.

"Who's weird? I'm weird?" Luke asked.

"The thought of Luke running around naked in my kitchen. It's weird." I teased in a joking matter.

"Luke is not running around naked in your kitchen. He is sitting at the table, and, yes, he is naked."

"Don't do that. Don't tell her I'm naked. I'm not naked." He told his girlfriend, and then he spoke louder so that I could hear him clearly. "I'm not naked!"

"He sounds naked." I teased them playful as I leaned back on the bed.

"Well, the chairs are cold." She joked back and I laughed at her. "He actually tried to make me breakfast."

"Really? Aw." I said with a smile.

"Yeah, naked."

"Okay, that's it, I'm gone." Luke said faintly on the other end of the phone and I laughed again.