c h a p t e r | n i n e

"...because as far as I know, I did nothing to deserve the hostility which you are treating me with,"

It is Sunday night, nearing almost 10 and Foster's words still keep ringing in my ears.

I am lying straight on my bed, wearing my peach printed pajama shorts and a white camisole, and have been staring at the white ceiling for the past one hour, trying to sort out my inner turmoil.

I had been fine yesterday when I came back as I was so consumed with my own rage to think about anything rationally.

The guilt of the entire thing set in today morning when I woke up feeling like an absolute bag of crap. It always happens to me when I have a conversation with someone which remotely resembles a fight, be it the small disagreements I had with my Mom, or the time when I had been rude to a girl at the Mall who had accidentally pushed me when I went shopping with Aunt Heath.

The day had gone by pretty smoothly, with me immersed in my work and Adele's Rolling in the deep blasting in my ears, which had also prevented Liv from badgering me with her questions.

But now I no more work to do ( having done assignments not due for two more weeks already ), well except for studying OC but I don't want to do that now, because I know if I did open that wretched book, I will be reminded of how Foster had cleared my lame doubts yesterday, and hence I will be pushed deeper into the guilt that I am already feeling.

Liv is out at some frat party and at this time of the night, I don't really want to interrupt in between her escapades. Calling Sarah is out of the question as I do not want to get another earful from her about my lack of manners.

So I dial my closest confidante to help sort out my brain for me.

"Rachel sweetheart you called at just the perfect time." I hear a jingle of keys from the other end and guess that Aunt Heath is either going somewhere or just returning back home.

"Are you out? I can call you later," I ask and cringe at how my voice sounds, as if I am recovering from a bout of flu.

"I just got back home, are you okay, you sound as if you have a fever?"

"No, I am fine, just a little tired, from where are you coming back?"

"Went out with a colleague for drinks,"

"Was it George?" I ask with a smile knowing how both of them have been spending a lot more than just friendly time with each other.

"Yes, it was him," I can feel her smile while speaking and am ready to bet a million dollars(even though I don't possess that kind of money) that she is blushing at the other side of the phone.

"Just inform me well in time when I have to start planning for your wedding," I say and hear her laugh out loud before settling herself down.

"Fine, I will! What has been up with you? How's that job of yours?"

"It's just fine," I sigh as I turn to lie on my stomach and prop my face in the cup of my palms.

"Tell me what it is."

"What is what?" I ask confused by her statement.

"You want to talk about something sweetheart, I can see right through you,"

"You technically can't see through me right now you know?" I mentally pat myself for the amazing reply before Aunt Heath decides to cut my euphoria short.

"That's a very uninformed thing to say to psychologist honey, stop pushing it and just tell me what's going on!"

"Okay, I will," my voice comes out a bit muffled as I had buried my head in the pillow in front of me. I raise my head and take a deep breath before continuing.