Forgiveness

Brielle POV

"Here I go, here I go"

Evie finally finished singing as her musical number came to an end. She hovered over Doug's sleeping body, lips merely inches apart. Slowly but surely Evie leaned further down, pausing one last time before she finally leaned all the way into his lips. We all watched pretty intently as she finally kissed him, waiting in anticipation especially once she parted from him. Evie slowly opened her eyes, looking for his eyes to open as she stared at him. But nothing seemed to happen but Doug continued to snore.

Poor Evie sunk with sadness, completely overwhelmed I could tell. Even I fell into some sadness for her, I could tell within seconds she was crushed and I just wanted to go up to her and give her a big hug. She turned away from Doug with tears in her eyes, just as she turned around Doug came to and sat up to my surprise as for a second there I was terribly sad for Evie. My eyes widened some, it really worked! That's so sweet!

Doug looked at the back of Evie for a second, holding in a laugh especially when he quickly laid back down when Evie turned back around. However, Evie had seen the trick especially when Doug could barely hold in his laughter whilst trying to act like he was still asleep. Evie smacked his knee at his failed attempt at a prank and went into a full shy pouting mode. Now this, this was cute as all hell to watch.

Doug sat back up and gave Evie room to sit. She jumped up and crossed her arms and pretending to be upset with him for his bit of a prank. Doug kept laughing until he saw that she looked a little upset and scooted closer to her and gently nudged her with his arm to get her to look over at him. Within seconds of their eyes meeting they smiled like two complete dorks, just as it should be.

I couldn't help but coo a tremendous amount because my gods. Doug quickly looked over to us when he heard my obnoxious cooing and immediately flushed red while Evie was still acting quite shy which was adorable,

"Did they... see that?"

Doug asked Evie once he looked back over to her. Evie nodded and giggled some out of a true sense of lovestruck I could tell. I would know, I giggle like that many times a day when I'm with Har. Doug himself caught some giggles. Before I could coo anymore, Uma interrupted the moment,

"Uhm... excuse me? I'm not trying to ruin the moment but... while we wait for the others to get back I'm super hungry, where's the kitchen?"

Uma asked, Evie looked over to her with Doug and happily answered,

"Oh yeah! I kinda doubt Jane's birthday is going to go on with all of this happening so I guess you guys could have some cake. The kitchens down the hall!"

She happily chirped. Uma nodded and headed off, Mal followed her to probably keep an eye on her, and I followed Mal to keep an eye on both of them. Celia, well she just followed me because I think she likes me.

We all wandered into Evie's beautiful kitchen and I went ahead and grabbed everyone a plate and took the liberty of cutting everyone a slice while they talk. I don't mind it, I gave myself more cake than everyone else so I win. Mal looked at Uma for a while before speaking up,

"Hey Uma, I... I just wanted to say that maybe I missed the boat a little... ya know by calling you shrimpy and all of that. I mean you're a huge team player, loyal, super strong, I just... I guess I have a bad judge of character"

I paused my cake cutting to look up at them for this monumental moment. Uma looked over to Mal with a suspicious raised brow,

"Uh is there an insult in there that I missed?"