Journal Entry No1

*Start of Descendants 2*

Brielle POV

Dear journal,

Its been six months since the VKs came to Auradon and absolute chaos kinda broke out, luckily, of course, we figured it out but I look back and we're lucky we got through that so unscathed.

It all was such a blur in the moment, but the past few months have been rather peaceful so it's been a good time to have a reset.

My new duties as Queen have been kinda stressful but nothing I can't handle, I have plenty of ways to unwind regardless so nothing to worry about.

As for Harry and I, it's definitely been what fairy tales are made of. Just being in his presence is calming and I feel like he always goes all out to make me feel better if I'm down just as I do naturally. I've never had someone be there for me as much as he is, so in return, I obviously try my best to do the same.

He shared with me that all the media coverage he gets and all the attention he gets because he's my boyfriend can be overwhelming and that he hates camera flashes, that it scares him and makes his vision go all fuzzy and weird and that panics him. That just made me feel bad, not like he made me feel bad but what he has to deal with because he's with me. It's just infuriating that I can't help with that most of the time. No matter what though, no matter how busy I am I always make time to just have alone time with him. I think checking up on him is really important, he's never been in this lifestyle and for sure never had to deal with what he deals with now regarding paparazzi and such so I always just want to make sure he's alright, not terribly overwhelmed. Us and our alone time is a good grounding experience for both of us I feel.

One time we were just chilling out in the courtyard going on a walk and paparazzi came out of, I kid you not, nowhere. FG has been really good about getting them to leave but we just have to survive until she gets there. I can't help but feel bad because Harry just gets so jumpy at the flashes and yelling of the paparazzi. This specific time it surprised him too, making him immediately panic, he even subconsciouly reached for his sword which he doesn't even carry anymore, panicking more when his hand grasped nothing. FG was right there when it happened so she shooed them away but Harry ended up having a panic attack over it.

That was the moment I knew that this new role he has really can take a toll. Ben and I are used to it, Harry and presumably Mal as well aren't. That same day right after he began panicking and I helped him come back down to earth I just took Harry straight up to my room and just pampered the living daylights out of him which seemed to make it better since he left smiling. Making him happy makes me happy, it's a beautiful win-win.

Anyway, enough of that mushy stuff.

Cotillion is coming up, just another party but hey dressing up is always fun, right? Making decisions for that isn't too hard and apparently the organizers aka mainly Jane has been asking Mal and Harry for their opinion on things which probably doesn't help stress but I gave Harry a bit of insight and that most if not all of the time you can pick all of the options they give you, he told me that it works and that it really helped. He's not the one that likes to make frilly decisions about table cloth color or whatever so he was appreciative that he didn't have to waste his time.

Mal's changed a lot recently, dying her hair blonde and trying to wear frilly dresses as if she's always been an Auradon kid, I don't know but it's kinda weird. It's like the old Mal that always had a wicked smile and charming yet evil gleam in her eye is nonexistent all of a sudden. I mean Harry tried to do that and when I asked why he said it was because he wanted to fit in and match with my image better so when we were together it wouldn't look so contrasted. You can imagine the rant I went on about originality and that I fell in love with him and his natural rough around the edges eyeliner wearing pirate self, not a prissy stuck up prince that wears his hair gelled back 24/7 and that changing himself to fit in is unnecessary, that he's perfect to me just as he is. Its because he is, changing to fit in is highly unnecessary at that. You should've seen the smile when I told him that, it was, excuse my French, fucking adorable.

This entry has slowly morphed into a Harry appreciation page but whatever, it's my journal I can write what I want. I think that's all I had on my mind, so I'm just gonna wrap it up here. Not to mention I have a date with Harry in fifteen minutes to finish getting ready for. It's kinda weird to say bye to a journal, but buh bye nonetheless!

A/N

Hiya! And we've entered Descendants 2, I wanted to do this a lil differently cause I felt like a good intro is always needed when entering new territory am I right? Welp, thats really all I gotta say XD Remember to stay hydrated and to be kind to yourself today :D

-Brooke