Which Way To Go

Harry POV

After seeing Brielle this morning I went back to the dorm to get dressed where Carlos and Jay had already started. Without words we all got dressed, I decided to really really try, just because its a special day and even though it might be ruined it at least feels right to dress up some. I didn't put on too much eyeliner, I actually fixed my hair, put on a suit, etc. etc. As I buttoned up the two buttons on my jacket there was a knock at the door. Since my bed is the closest to the door I often get it so I quickly walked over and peeked out to see Mal all put together with a rather over the top dress but alright,

"Hey... uhm I have this, remember to give it to her on the way there"

Mal gave me a small box. I snatched it from her and looked inside, in there was one of her poisoned cookies. I gritted my teeth at the sight. After my dream of simply reliving some of my favorite moments with Brielle, I really feel bitter about having to do this,

"I know"

I muttered in shame, I really do hate this. Mal awkwardly nodded some and left. I turned back into the room and shut the box and the door. I marched over to my bedside table and pulled out the Celtic knot necklace again. I took the cookie and the necklace in each hand and stared down at them, it's like having two options, to choose evil and world domination or to be happy and content the girl I love and the life I have now. The answer is so obvious, and yet I don't know if Brielle is acting or not.

There has to be a way I can ask her without her noticing, all I need is that and I'll know which way to go.

Brielle POV

I was all ready and dolled up, may I say I haven't been this fancy in a long time. Plot twist, I actually didn't get a dress. I got a fancy jumpsuit because I like to be able to use my legs effectively sometimes without fearing my skirt might do something silly. The designer made me a royal blue elegant flowing jumpsuit with a cape, yes a cape because why not? There was quite a lot of cleave for me, however, the neckline was structured so it wasn't going anywhere. In addition to my jumpsuit, I was given yellow heels with gold accents. I decided on simple gold earrings, nothing to even write home about because I don't like flaunting tons especially on a big day like this, Ben and I are supposed to be people in charge of protecting and making the best decisions for Auradon, not trying to look like we're straight off some crazy extravagant fashion show. For that reason neither of us really dressed up too much, the most glittery glitzy thing I have on my is my gold eye shadow and that's it, my hair was put into a fancy bun but that was it. I can guarantee there are gonna be people dressed more extravagant than Ben and I, but that's not the point. Once I was ready I got the special knock on the door, outside were two Auradon guards to pick me up and walk me down to the carriage. Ben and I are traveling separate, now this was never the case until now because I brought up the point that if someone wanted to assassinate us for whatever reason then us being in the same place all the time was stupid, we should be separated especially when traveling so if one of us sadly goes down the other one can continue on for Auradon. I know sounds gruesome but it's just reality sometimes sadly.

Regardless, I was escorted through the crowds outside of Auradon Prep, Ben doing the same a few yards away to his carriage which was traveling in front of mine. The crowds were mainly paparazzi because come on the students of Auradon Prep see us all the time, it's not a huge deal however the school is almost always closed to paparazzi. They've snuck in before yes however FG is very good at shushing that. All of the yelling and flashes of camera lenses reminded me of how famous Ben and I kinda are. I mean we live a pretty normal life inside the walls of Auradon Prep, anywhere else the fact that we are royals shows. I'm not terribly used to it still, paparazzi aren't a super common thing for us yet. We better get used to it pretty fast.