18. The Poison Laboratory

Začít od začátku

"Here," I said and plopped the pendant down on his hand.

He raised a brow and looked at me curiously.

"Well, you swore your knighthood to me. It's my duty as a lady to make you a pendant." I explained and watched the corner of his lip twitch.

He examined the pendant before saying, "It's really ugly."

I scoffed and smacked his arm, "Well, deal with it."

His lips broke out into a smile and I smiled back before my eyes wandered behind him.

Aunt Ly was hugging Uncle Caiden and they looked really cute.

"Did Fred not visit?" I asked Brother, diverting my eyes from the couple as they started snogging each other.

"He did, last night." Brother replied, "He was very emotional and cried for an hour. He said he wouldn't come today because he didn't want to cry in front of everyone."

I nodded as Uncle Caiden chirped, "Honestly, isn't Fred the sweetest? I wish our son was a bit like him too." He said that to Aunt Ly but Percy and I both heard.

"Too bad you're stuck with this one." Brother grumbled and crossed his arms with a deep frown and pouty lips.

Cute.

"Caiden, our son is perfect." Aunt Ly replied blankly, "He's just got a very shitty personality."

Brother scoffed at that, "Wonder where he got that from." He mocked and glared at her which she returned.

They both have the same personality. The cool type.

Aunt continued to glare at him before her eyes dropped to the pendant in his hand.

"Oh look, a pendant which matches your personality." She commented and I frowned.

Brother looked at it and snickered, "Kinda does."

"Hey! It's not that bad!" I whacked him on the arm again.

Aunt snorted and I glared at her, "Your pendant is way uglier than mine." I replied when my eyes caught a green pendant hanging around Uncle Caiden's neck. It looked like caterpillars were crawling around his neck.

She rolled her eyes, "Caiden said it's pretty." She said proudly before smirking, "What did Percy say?"

"I said it's ugly." Percy replied and I glared at him, "But it's still better than yours." He added and wore it around his neck, making me smirk at a fuming Aunt Ly.

Before Aunt Ly could shout at him, Uncle Caiden quickly intervened, "Both of the pendants are pretty. Don't fight." He said before raising a hand to ruffle Percy's hair, "And you don't a shitty personality."

"Don't touch my hair." Brother Percy snapped and slapped his hand away.

He was very sensitive when it came to his hair. He always styled them in a specific manner and was very particular about how he wanted his hair to look. He would get very angry whenever anyone touched them and that just made annoying people like me want to touch them even more.

"Don't snap at your father! Rude brat." Aunt Ly slapped his back and Percy winced. Her hand was as good as steel bat.

"Hey! No hitting my son." Uncle Caiden scowled at her which made her anger vanish instantly.

"Sorry." She quickly apologized and glared at her son who had a smug look on his face.

And I thought my family was weird.

Percy then turned to me and genuine happiness took over his face for a second before it went blank.

"Thank you."