50. My Throne

A/N: This chapter is a flashback of what had happened in George's past life.

Sensitive topics are discussed in the chapter, read with caution.

***

Third Person's POV

Marinus became, for the lack of a better word, the introvertest introvert to exist the moment he was told by Raashid to attend a meeting at the southern kingdom.

Raashid had begged him to attend it, since he couldn't go himself. He did not want to risk leaving his five months old pregnant wife.

And only for the sake of his future niece or nephew, Marinus had agreed to attend.

He was alright attending most of the meetings in other empires, but the southern kingdom was a weird one. The queen there would never stop giving him bedroom eyes which he found extremely repulsive.

Though royal concubines were not in the tradition of the southern kingdom, apparently, it was still okay if you sleep with someone other than your spouse but not make it official.

He found that disturbing.

He was almost done with the meeting when the Queen of the southern kingdom approached him.

"Ah, Archmage Marinus, it's a pleasure to meet you." She greeted in a sweet tone, making Marinus gulp and greet her back politely.

"How about a tea with me? If you have time to spare?" The blonde Queen asked seductively.

Marinus's instant reply was a big fat no but the Queen looped an arm around his arm and dragged him to a room.

Marinus never understood why he was so popular with girls. He was an excellent mage and the Prince's companion which gave him a lot of unwanted attention, but he thought his 'average' height and skinny appearance should be enough to keep women like that Queen away.

But then again, everyone had a different taste in men.

When the Queen poured him a cup of tea, Marinus did not think much of it and gulped it down in one go and stood up, "I'll get going then, as I'm busy." He replied and made his way towards the door.

But not before his vision became blurry and he felt pounding inside his head.

Oh great, the queen just had to drug his tea.

He stumbled and caught himself, leaning against the wall, trying to work out a spell to get out of here but the magic seemed to seep out of him.

His vision finally blackened and darkness engulfed his soul while the Queen took over his body.

When Marinus woke up the next day in an unfamiliar bed, naked with the Queen beside him, he threw up right then and there.

He hated how his skin felt, he hated what had happened to him and he hated that his first time was with someone he didn't even like.

Wanting to escape the situation as soon as possible, he grabbed his clothes and teleported out of the palace.

He made it to Obelia in a day and a half and instantly found Raashid.

He cried and told him what had happened, and Raashid felt horrible.

Raashid felt responsible for what had happened to his friend, after all it was he who requested him to attend the meeting.

And Raashid was furious as well. He was ready to prosecute the southern Queen and press charges against her but Marinus was against that.