Ch. 15 - Thanks

"Tomorrow's the day," Yoongi mutters to himself as he crossed out an 'X' on the date on his calendar.

"The day of the Platinum Disco Awards."

Today was their last full day of rehearsals, and Yoongi was mentally preparing himself every second of the day.

"Tomorrow's the day of the performance," he tells himself every minute, hoping that it's help with his anxiousness. It's helping a little bit, but he was still nervous.

"Just sit down and take a few deep breaths," he remembers Hoseok telling him the other day.

Oh, Jung Hoseok, you are an angel sent from heaven to assist Yoongi and his desperation for love.

Too bad they don't know that yet.

"You gotta do good, Yoongi," he tells himself, before shaking his head.. "No, you will do good. Just as Hoseok said."

Yeah, if Hoseok said he'll do good. Then he will do good. He trusts Hoseok, he knows that he would never lie to him. He also knows that Hoseok's aware of his perfectionism when it comes to performances, so of course he'll give him full honesty.

Hoseok's an amazing performer, one of the best. And that means a lot coming from Yoongi, who is known to be the most critical and strict idol in the industry.

That explains why everyone's intimidated by him whenever they see him. Which also explains why he doesn't have many friends. Yoongi doesn't mind it though. He's not exactly a social butterfly if you may have guessed.

"Everything is set for your stage tomorrow, so is there anything else you need to double check before we leave?"

Yoongi only shakes his head with a small smiles. "No, I think it's perfect. Thanks, Handong."

She responds with a small smile on her face. A silent sign of 'I'm proud' written on that beautiful smile.

"No problem, Suga," she says.

Yoongi turned to Hoseok after Handong left. He was on a call, a solemn expression on his face. Yoongi didn't mean to eavesdrop a bit, but he was curious to why Hoseok seemed so down.

"Yeah, yeah it's fine. Don't worry I'll be fine," he sighs out. "I'll see you guys next time then. Alright... bye."

Yoongi frowns after hearing this. Hoseok's voice sounded disappointed, and he didn't even try hiding it.

He assumes that Hoseok's family couldn't make it to the performance. He's been in the same situation countless times before, and he said the exact same things Hoseok said.

After hanging up on the call, Hoseok notices Yoongi staring at him.

He frowns and says, "I mean, it's not like they can make it to every performance, right?"

Yoongi only shakes his head.

"They said they can make it," Hoseok frowns.

"They can still support you without attending the concert," Yoongi reminds him. "Plus, there'll always be a next time. That's what I always tell myself at least."

"Thing is," Hoseok sighs out. "The only reason why I want them to come, is so they can how successful I've been."

"Hoseok, you won the Best Male Artist Award, been on the charts, and sold millions," Yoongi tells him. "I'm sure they already know how successful you are."

"But that's all just news they hear about," Hoseok shakes his head. "I want them to actually see me on stage. I want them to see me perform and prove to them..."

"Prove to them what?"

"Prove to them that I didn't need their support in the beginning," Hoseok admitted. "And I feel bad for saying this."

"Don't feel bad," Yoongi mutters out. "Just be honest."

"Alright," Hoseok nodded, taking a deep breath before continuing. "The thing is, it wasn't about performing my music in front of them so they can be proud of me. I don't want them to be proud."

"Uh-huh," Yoongi nodded to show he was listening.

"They never supported me in the beginning. No matter how tough things were, they were never there for me," Hoseok admits. "I just wanted them to come to at least one of my shows so they can see me up there in person. Not through a t.v screen."

"It's stupid," Hoseok chuckles out humorlessly. "Their busy, and they would never make time for me."

"Then that's their fault for not supporting you like good parents should," Yoongi says, Hoseok looking at him with wide eyes.

"Wow, you really called them out for not being 'good parents'."

"You think good parents don't support their kids?" Yoongi asked him, Hoseok not responding. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Hoseok, if they don't make time for you, then don't make time for them," Yoongi tells him.

Don't make time for them, Hoseok repeats in his head, taking a moment to think.

He's right.

Hoseok's been trying too hard to get his parents attention. He's only noticed just now how he's been acting. Every concert he has, he always invites them to come. They never did though, and Hoseok still kept trying.

Coming up with this realization, Hoseok smiles to himself. "Thanks Yoongi, you're really amazing."

To this, he blushed. He blushed hard.

"A-anytime Hoseok," he stuttered. "You know, you can always talk to me about anything."

Looking at him now, Hoseok also realizes that he's really thankful for Yoongi. Yoongi who comforted him and gave him confidence.

They both seriously gotten closer with each other this last few months, and while Yoongi's always been there to talk to Hoseok when he needs to talk. Hoseok wants to be there for him too.

"The same goes for you Yoongi," he tells him with a serious look. "I don't care how stupid or ridiculous your complaints are, but tell me everything so you don't keep it to yourself."

Yoongi doesn't realize he's smiling even wider until his teeth show.

He's thankful for Hoseok too. Despite their rough start in the beginning, he's glad that things went how they went. And he regrets absolutely nothing.

Author note:
Literally wrote this chapter while on a plane and my thicc ass hurts from sitting for too long lmao (also I'm not sorry for mistakes in writing). Anyways, thanks for reading y'alll <3