Ch. 8 - best boi namjoon

"Can't believe you knocked me on the ground with that ball," Jimin groans out once they enter the waiting room, an ice pack on his forehead. Directly on the spot where he got hit.

The show went well. Really well.

"You laughed so I thought everything was fine," Namjoon defended himself.

The hosts did a great job as hosts. They treated everyone like good friends, made it seem like they've been friends their whole lives. They created a light-hearted atmosphere, never asked personal questions about his or the others relationships, never compared them to anyone else. Unlike Helen. They just treated the show like a party.

They played games, ate food, and even did some karaoke. That's the part where Jimin brought in some random ball he found lying around and kicked it towards Namjoon, who kicked it back towards him and nailed him in the face.

Don't worry he's fine. The bump on his head will go away eventually.

"I laughed cause we were on camera," Jimin whined, looking at the bump that was forming on his precious forehead. "If not I would've chucked that ball right back at you."

"Violence is not the answer."

"Violence is the answer if you didn't start it," Jimin replied.

"My parents love violence," Jungkook spoke, everyone giving him a pitiful look saying, 'man, I'm sorry'.

"Well, at least we all had fun," Namjoon looked at Hoseok, asking him to back up his statement.

"Yeah, it was fun watching Jimin get nailed in the face," Hoseok agreed.

"Gee thanks, J-hope," Jimin rolled his eyes. "I swear he lives up to his title of being the clumsiest idol in the industry."

"Ain't that you?" Jungkook gave his friend a weird look.

"Hush, child," Jimin shushed him.

"Hey J-hope," Namjoon got his attention. "When's the next time you're free?"

"Oh-"

"Hoseok!" his manager called his name. "We have to get going, tight schedule, remember?"

"Oh right," Hoseok sighs out. "We'll text later."

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry." Namjoon reassured him. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see you," Hoseok waved goodbye to the others before following his manager out to the car.

Once they got in the car, his manager started his car and left quickly. Once again, they had a busy schedule today.

Sometimes he hates his job, and he hates himself for feeling that way. He's an idol, he's singing and dancing like how he always dreamed of. But them some days he doesn't feel the same passion he felt in the beginning. Some days his career as an idol seemed more of a job than his dream, and he hates it.

He used to have endless passion and creativity, but he's been in a slump. Yeah, he'd been doing good in his career, but how long will that last?

Just thoughts like that scared him, and he tried to shake them away before they suddenly hit him hard.

You know that feeling at night when you're thinking, and suddenly you get scared. Scared of the future, scared of growing older, scared of everything. And you just need something to distract you from those thoughts before they swallow you up.

On the radio, a song plays, and he recognizes their voice instantly. He glanced over to the radio, reading the song name and artist.

Shadow by SUGA.