Ch. 14 - First-Name Basis

Yoongi sat back in the plastic chair, gulping down a fourth of the plastic water bottle Handong gave him.

He eventually stopped asking how the show went after the last person seemed annoyed with him. That's usually how it goes every time. After going around asking the same question to every person in sight, someone was bound to get annoyed with him.

After pulling the bottle away from his lips, he hears someone say something to his left. When he turns to them, he sees Hoseok standing there.

"Damn," he deadpans, looking down at Yoongi. "Someone's thirsty."

Yoongi only sighs out, "I feel like I'm going crazy, Hope."

There's a moment of silence between them as Hoseok stands next to Yoongi's chair, leaning on the wall as he thought in his head.

He wants to say something, anything to ease Yoongi's mind.

He wants to tell him that he doesn't need to worry and that the upcoming performance would be lit, but at the same time he feels like those words aren't enough. As Namjoon mentioned before, he's already used the same words with Yoongi to the point where they lost meaning.

You know when you say a word so many times until it loses its meaning? Why does that happen?

I just searched it up, and it says that repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds.

You learn something new every day.

"Suga," Hoseok began. "I know you're worried about our upcoming performance, but everything will be great. The fans already loved the song we made together, they'll love the stage even more."

Yoongi nodded his hand to show he was listening to Hoseok.

"And you know..." Hoseok gulped before continuing. "You didn't win the Best Artist award for nothing."

"Best Male Artist," Yoongi corrected. "Four years in a row."

Hoseok rolls his eyes at Yoongi's extra comment.

"But thanks, Hoseok."

Yoongi looked up to Hoseok. He had a soft smile on his face. The softest and most gummiest smile that Hoseok's ever seen. And to be honest, the most genuine and real smile Yoongi's ever given Hoseok.

Once again, Hoseok's seeing a new side of Yoongi that he never knew existed. And before his heart can melt any more than it already has, Hoseok decides to walk away.

"Wait," Yoongi quickly grabs his hand. "Um, you can call me 'Yoongi'... if you want."

His face immediately heats up after asking the stupid question.

Stupid Yoongi, stupid Yoongi, stupid Yoongi, he screamed in his head.

"Alright," Hoseok throws him a hearty smile. "Then Yoongi, you can call me 'Hoseok'."

"Hoseok," Yoongi says, feeling a smile slowly appear on his face.

When Hoseok walks away, he repeats Yoongi's name multiple times until he feels it roll off his tongue with ease.

"Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi..." he mutters out, smiling bigger with each 'Yoongi' that leaves his mouth.

"I guess we're on a first-name basis now," he giggles to himself.

"Catch!"

Hoseok flinched when a water bottle was thrown in his direction. It landed on the floor, getting dented on the side from the impact.

Yoongi quickly apologized as he ran over, a mischievous smile on his features.

"I told you to catch," he says.

"Literally while the bottle was in mid-air," Hoseok argued after picking up the poor plastic bottle.

"I take it you didn't do good in gym then."

"Well I take it that you did worse than me," Hoseok retaliated. "That was a horrible throw by the way."

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes. "You're the one with bad reflexes."

Hoseok sees it once again. The small smile on Yoongi's face.

"Ahh look at you two," Namjoon approaches the two, wrapping his arms around the two's shoulders.

"My two best friends, hanging out together, like two best friends."

We're best friends? Hoseok almost blurts out.

A big smile that he can't contain appears on his face.

Best friends... with Kim Namjoon. Jung Hoseok... best friends with Kim Namjoon.

Remember in chapter 11 when I wrote that paragraph about how Hoseok wished he had a friendship like Yoongi and Namjoon's? Being best friends with other idols, someone who would understand his struggles as an idol more than anyone else. He wanted that, and now he has it.

Namjoon considers him his best friend, maybe Yoongi will consider him one too.

And he couldn't be happier with the thought of being best friends with Namjoon, and maybe even Yoongi too.

"We really are getting along well, aren't we Yoongi?" Hoseok grins at him.

"Totally, Hoseok," he rolls his eyes.

"Yoongi? Hoseok?" Namjoon gave them both looks. "Y'all calling each other by your real names now?"

"He's the one who asked me to," Hoseok pointed at the short rapper.

"Because you and Namjoon were calling each other by your real names," Yoongi argued with his bottom lip pouted outward. "So it would only be fair if we were on a first-name basis too."

"Yeah, you're right. I get it, I get it," Hoseok nodded understandingly. "You were jelly~"

"I was not," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"You should of heard him as he was complaining about how we call each other by our real names," Namjoon tells Hoseok, Yoongi rolling his eyes at the two.

"How adorable," Hoseok mutters out, surprising himself with his own gay thoughts.

I'm becoming whipped for the old man, Hoseok thinks to himself.

Author note:
I'm pretty sure my teacher knew I had a crush on this one boy in her class since she gave us new seats with us sitting right next to each other. It was weird since she put all friend groups together but he was sitting across from his friends. Lol teachers know everything