Chapter 26

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: A WORLD ALONE BY LORDE
http://youtu.be/eWUnVyO1Klk

RILEY'S POV

"Not bad" I shoved Harry's laptop back over to him. 

It was Thursday and even though I didn't have class today, I agreed to meet up with him at the library to get some studying done. He asked me to proof read his term paper for Professor Livingston's class. It was due next week and was surprisingly not too bad.

"Don't lie, Riley" he readjusted the laptop in front of him. "If it absolutely sucks I want you to tell me."

"I'm not lying" I reassured him with a smile. "You'll do fine."

"Do you think I'll pass?" he asked reading his paper over again. I nodded and rubbed his forearm so that he'd look over at me. "I need a mediocre grade on this so I can pass the class."

"Professor Livingston looks mean, but she's not that tough of a grader. Don't stress about it." I turned from him and looked back down at the book I was reading for one of my finals.

When I went to turn the page, Harry's hand landed on mine, keeping me from moving it and making me turn my attention to him. I looked up and he was smiling, his eyes wide and glossy. He took my hand and laced our fingers together before leaning in and planting a soft, gentle kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I pulled away with a somewhat confused expression on my face. 

I would have pulled away before he got close enough to kiss me because we were in public, but because we were towards the back of library, I figured no one was paying attention to us. He'd been so bold lately. Showing his affection to me everywhere we went, especially at school.

"That was a thank you" he said before releasing my hand. His tone was serious but was balanced out with the faint smile on his face. "You've got your own classes to worry about yet you always take the time out to help me. Not to mention some of the other students in Livingston's class. And Liam."

"You don't have to thank me for that Harry" I shook my head slightly as I grinned. "It's called being kind and I don't think it deserves that much praise."

"It does though" he continued. "I mean unless you don't like me kissing you..." his voice trailed off as he looked away, a smirk on his face.

"Now that I don't mind" I answered back, causing his smirk to double in size. He leaned back in and kissed me again, taking my bottom lip between his before pulling back slightly.

"Are we still on for tonight?" he spoke, his voice low and hoarse.

We had planned for him to hang out at my place and watch movies, kind of like a mental break before finals exams came. "Of course."

"Good. I was counting on thanking you again and again for your help today" he winked as a laugh slipped out of his mouth. I hit his arm before turning back to my book.

We continued to work on our assignments as the time slowly ticked by. The end of the semester was always such a drag, but I kept reminding myself that I was almost done. Harry's hand occasionally drifting to my thigh under the table didn't really help me to focus either. It didn't matter how many times I shot him a warning glare, he continued to keep his hand on my leg.

After about the sixth time he squeezed my thigh, making me jolt up in my seat, I swatted his hand away. He started to laugh, pleased he was able to make me crack with his annoying behavior. 

Its not that I minded his hand being there, it was just that trying to study with him moving his fingers across my jeans wasn't helping. I had re-read the same paragraph over and over again because his slow moving fingers were a big distraction.