Chapter 16

SONG OF CHAPTER: BROKEN ARROW BY PIXIE LOTT
http://youtu.be/nS_0e9IdKjA

RILEY'S POV

"And lastly, I got beer" Harry said, letting go of my hand after leading me to the fridge. He opened it up and brought out a six pack and held it up for me to see. "I know that the drinking age here is different from California but I thought we might as well celebrate the way you would if you were home. You can pretend to have your first legal beer." 

He put the beer back in the fridge before turning to me and I could see just how proud of himself he was.

"Thank you Harry" I grinned. He had put so much thought into this. 

So far he had shown me the decorations he put up, explaining the reason behind him choosing the cartoon pirate theme. 

Then he showed me all the candy he piled up on our coffee table, having bought all my favorites. 

When I asked him how he knew my favorite candy he reminded me that I told him when we were playing the questions game the last time I went over to his apartment. He had also bought chips and said that because he didn't know what my favorite flavor was, he just bought one of each. 

After that he led me to the kitchen, showing me the cake he bought, which had a little pirate figurine on the top, and the present Gabbie had left me on the counter. He then told me that he didn't really know what else would be at a 'girls night', but he thinks his guess was pretty accurate. 

And it was, for the most part. 

What had me smile the most was how Harry led me through my apartment the whole time, holding my hand, practically dragging me behind him as he excitedly showed me around like he lived there instead of me. It felt good knowing he had seemed so comfortable doing all of this for me and moving his way around my apartment.

"Could you imagine if I had more than thirty minutes to pull this together?" he chuckled.

My eyes grew wide and I chuckled. "No, I can't actually. This is really sweet, you didn't even have to do all this."

"There would have been a parade and fireworks..." he started, making himself chuckle as he grabbed both of my hands in his. "I'm kidding. I hope this wasn't too much..."

I squeezed his hands in mine and looked him in the eyes. I got on my toes and pecked him lightly, before pulling back and grinning. "It's perfect."

He smirked; pleased that I wasn't only satisfied with what he had done but for once that I had been the first to kiss him, even if it was a short kiss. 

"I didn't realize until now that I didn't get any proper food, like for dinner" he smiled sheepishly.

I gave his hands one final squeeze before walking over to the cupboard. 

"I'm not really hungry, I grabbed some food before with friends earlier. Had I known you'd be here, I would have gotten you something" I giggled.

"Oh, you ate already?" he asked, his tone slightly less happy than it was just a minute before.

"Yeah, at this sandwich shop with Jake. You know Jake, right? He's in intercultural with us."

"Um, I'm not really sure, it's kind of a big class" he answered. His expression was neutral and I couldn't exactly put my finger on what caused a sudden change in his mood.

"Oh" I turned back around to the cupboard and grabbed a box of pasta. "Well, he's also in my Media Effects class and he asked if we could meet up and study since we have a big test next week."