Chapter 17

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND BY JOHN MAYER
http://youtu.be/m8dYpp0Pj5k

HARRY'S POV

"Harry...." Riley warned me again. She didn't even bother looking up from her laptop.

"What?" I tried to question innocently. 

It was Sunday, and I'd come over about two hours ago to study like she had suggested I should, but the only thing I'd accomplished since I'd been here was annoying her by trying to play footsies with her on her bed. 

Riley sat across from me, her back up against the headboard while I sat opposite of her, my back against the footing of the bed, both of our legs extended out towards each other.

"It's a good thing I didn't know you in high school. I wouldn't have gotten anything done." She stopped as she read something on her laptop before continuing. "But the the thing is, in high school it wouldn't have mattered as much. I actually care about getting my work done now" she peered at me over her laptop.

"Well, I'm sure you had plenty of your make out friends to distract you from your work" I teased her.

"Not really, I never hung out with any of them outside of school. Well, for the most part. I never did any of that cute, lovey dovey, teenage stuff to distract me from schoolwork." She paused, like she was deep in thought. "I kind of wish I had been though, you know? Like in the movies?" She smiled innocently, like she was embarrassed by her confession.

"What kind of lovey dovey, teenage stuff are you talking about?" I repeated the phrase she used.

"I don't know, like always needing to be next to each other and holding hands and kissing in public. Going to school dances and having a date that picks you up and going to the movies just to make out, not to actually watch the movie. Sneaking out to hang out with them, staying the night at their house and trying to be quiet so that their parents don't wake up. You know, that kind of stuff."

I chuckled. "That's a very detailed explanation of cute, lovey dovey, teenage stuff."

She laughed lightly. " I know. I've thought about it more than once."

"Obviously " I chuckled. "I kind of agree. I mean, I was robbed of my later teenage years, of course I'm not complaining. But all that stuff does sound um... appealing, I guess you could say." I smirked at her as she closed her laptop shut, acknowledging the fact that she wouldn't be able to get anything done as long as I continued to distract her with conversation.

"So, did you get anything done since you've been here?" she cocked her head to the side and placed her laptop on the floor.

I shook my head. "No, absolutely nothing."

She laughed and it was a melody I was growing more and more fond of. 

"What a shame. Liam's not going to be very happy with you... or me." She got up and moved across her room and put her hair up. 

I was so distracted by her appearance that there was a lull in conversation before I acknowledged her statement. 

She was wearing yoga pants and a zip up sweatshirt that revealed a light blue tank top underneath. She wasn't wearing any makeup, from what I could tell, yet she looked irresistible.

"Yeah, well Liam doesn't even know I'm here. He's been at Sophia's all weekend. After I was late to the meeting with Susan, he was all emotional, so he's been at her flat ever since" I finally spoke, breaking out of my daze. 

I didn't know why he was so upset anyway. It was just our monthly check up with management; them checking in to make sure we hadn't gotten ourselves into any trouble.