Chapter 19

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: SHE IS BY THE FRAY
http://youtu.be/_eF75YR5Ijw

HARRY'S POV

I pulled out a chair as I handed Liam one of the drinks in my hand.

"Thanks" he muttered before taking a sip. "I think I'm gonna be living off of coffee for the next couple weeks. From the looks of it, final exams are going to be intense. I'll need as much as I can get."

Liam and I had agreed to meet up on campus today. He suggested the cafe connected to the library since it wouldn't be a far walk for him to get to his next class and I agreed because I texted Riley earlier and she said she would meet me here.

"Final exams aren't for like a month, Liam" I grumbled settling into my chair. I was not in the mood to talk about what the rest of the semester was going to be like.

"Yeah, well I'm planning on doing well, as should you." He took another drink, looking down at his cup as he swallowed.

"I'll worry about it when it comes" I yawned.

"You should be doing more homework over the weekend, Haz. You know, get a head start on the week. Then you won't be stuck trying to finish it all Sunday night." He waited for me to make eye contact with him before he continued. "Where were you all weekend anyways?"

I readjusted myself in the chair, anticipating the look on his face when I answered him. I lowered my voice and avoided looking at his face, instead I was looking at the other people in the cafe. 

"I was at Riley's."

"You were at Riley's?" He perked up in his seat.

"Yeah." I looked up to see the expression I predicted on his face. I knew he wouldn't be too happy with it since he was one of the first people to tell me not to rush into anything.

"You stayed the night there?" I nodded, hoping he'd drop it. "So you slept there? You were with her all weekend?"

"Yes, Liam. I was at her flat" I raised my voice at him. The fact that he couldn't seem to get what I'd said through his head and the conclusion I knew he was coming to had begun to irritate me. "And it wasn't all weekend, it was just one night" I corrected him.

"What the hell?" He asked socking me in the leg, making me immediately wince in pain.

I rubbed the spot he hit, trying to soothe the extra ache he had caused. "What?"

"You stayed the night there?" He asked and I ignored his repeated question as he took in just how much pain I was in. "What's wrong with your leg?"

"Other than you having just hit me?" I asked, trying to hold back the irritation from being heard in my voice. I glanced at him to see a stern look on his face, waiting for my answer. "I'm a bit sore."

"Sore from what?" he asked and as I opened my mouth to answer, he had already come to his own conclusion. "Oh never mind, Harry. I don't want to know. What happens between you and Riley stays between the both of you."

"It's not like that mate" I quickly stated. "Nothing like that even happened."

"Well?" He asked leaning in a bit, eyebrows raised and his mouth in a straight line.

"We went to a party and it had gotten late so she let me crash at her place. We didn't sleep together or even in the same bed." I watched for his expression to soften at my explanation but it never did.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain why you're sore."

Even though I knew that Liam's interrogations were never simple, I had hoped that I'd explained enough for him to stop pestering me.