Chapter 34

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: LITTLE BIT BY LYKKE LI
http://youtu.be/G6Qqhhlb3T0

RILEY'S POV

"So you love each other?" Gabbie asked as I continued to french braid her hair down her back.

"No" I sighed lightly. 

I'd just finished explaining to her everything that happened in the past week: me thinking that Harry was using me, how Jake tried to come between us and how I stupidly believed him. How Jake had somewhat assaulted me in the hallway and how Harry was there to help me. I finished telling her that Harry and I finally talked and worked everything out and things were fine now. 

I managed to fix things with him and now it was time for me to apologize to the second person I hurt this past week. But Gabbie being Gabbie, she focused on the last part of my long and very detailed story, instead of all the events that happened in between and what led up to the present moment. 

"We're in love with each other."

"Same thing" she shrugged as I tied the end of her finished braid. She turned around to face me, the happiness in her eyes lighting up her entire face. I could tell she was happy for me, the same way I'm always happy for her when something goes her way. We always fed off of each other's emotions, I think that's why we got along so well and why we were so close.

"No, it's not" I tried to argue but I knew that Gabbie was set on what she thought and there was no convincing her otherwise. "And anyways, that's not what I'm getting at. I wanted to say I'm sorry. Sorry for ignoring you when you tried to help me and for shutting you out and not letting you know what was going on. You didn't deserve that and I hate that I acted like that towards you... because you were right. I was scared and I guess it got the best of me."

Gabbie watched me intently as I finished my apology, a smile smile tugging at the end of her lips. 

"It's okay Riley. I'm glad things are better. You know I'm always here for you. Plus, I think a little tough love from me was what you needed."

My mind jumped back to a few years earlier to what Gabbie was referring to with her last statement. 

After the disaster with Brandon, Gabbie was used to me not wanting to talk. She was always there to comfort me when all I did was cry on her shoulder. It's crazy how all this time has passed and I could still rely on her to make me feel better. 

"Yeah, I'm definitely going to work on not blocking people out, especially when it comes to my emotions and how I'm feeling. But seriously, thank you."

Before I knew it Gabbie was pulling me into a hug, the both of us squeezing the other with the same amount of strength. She always did give the best hugs. They were almost as good as Harry's or my brothers. They made me feel safe and loved.

"You're welcome" she mumbled into my shoulder. "I love you Riles."

"I love you too" I whispered back. "What time does your final rehearsal start?"

She pulled back from our embrace and checked her phone. 

"In an hour" she answered as she checked her appearance in the bathroom mirror once more. She had on the full wardrobe she'd be performing in tomorrow. "I better get going."

Now that the term was practically over, Gabbie was having her final dress rehearsal for their dance recital. I could tell she was really excited to finally perform the choreography she'd been working on all semester but I also knew she was looking forward to having a few weeks off from dance once it was over.