Chapter 38

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: DISCONNECTED BY 5SOS
http://youtu.be/ediiYvgEmaM

RILEY'S POV

I woke up when I felt Harry's chest vibrate from underneath me, a soft laugh escaping his lips. 

I inhaled his scent and exhaled slowly before I picked my head up to look at his face. 

It amazed me that as crazy of a sleeper as I was, I always woke up in the same position I fell asleep in when Harry was with me- exactly on top of him, my ear placed against his chest and my lower half right between his legs.

He was looking at his phone, both of his arms wrapped around my shoulders as he held it above my head and in front of his face. After my slight movement, he set his phone down as a sleepy smile spread across his face.

"Good morning baby" he rasped.

My heart almost completely stopped. 

I'd never heard such a beautiful sentence so early in the morning- a sentence that was directed at me. I smiled and closed my eyes, kissing his chest before letting my head fall back down to hear his heart beat.

"Morning" I croaked. I opened my eyes again and scrunched my face up at the light pouring in from the window. From the way the sun entered my room I knew it was probably late morning, but I was still incredibly tired. Harry, however, seemed wide awake. "How long have you been up?"

He started to laugh as I felt his hands run up and down the length of my back. "You sound like a frog."

"Shut up" I grumbled. I smacked his chest lightly, but of course, I didn't do much damage. My limbs were still trying to wake up too. "You don't sound any better when you first wake up" I lied.

We both knew that his morning voice was better. I could listen to him talk in that slow, gravely tone for the rest of my life. His morning voice was raspy and incredibly sexy. 

Mine was just embarrassing. 

I sounded like a teenage boy going through puberty.

"Wow, you'd think I'd be used to you waking up angry at the world considering how often we've woken up next to each other lately" he continued to laugh as he stroked the hair down my back.

As much as I loved having Harry with me when I woke up, it didn't change the fact that I was not a morning person. Yes, he helped pull me out of the morning funk much quicker than usual, but he did not erase my cranky behavior completely.

"I've been up for about an hour" he finally answered my question as his laughter stalled.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" It must have been uncomfortable for him to stay in this position while I slept. Surely he had to pee or he wanted to move and stretch.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb you" he spoke matter-of-factly. 

I lifted my head and saw him send me a closed lip smile. He looked adorable in the morning- his hair tossled and his skin emitting a nice, healthy glow. I always hated waking up and not being able to kiss him, especially after he said things like that. I didn't want our morning breath to ruin the movement.

I stretched my arms up, bending them at the elbow and resting them on his shoulders as my hands got lost in his hair. "I love waking up next to you."

He shifted himself so our hips were aligned as his hands rested on my lower back. I felt him underneath me, his boxers creating a very thin barrier between us. 

"I love it too" he whispered before leaning forward to kiss my forehead. I felt his ab muscles contract as he moved, only adding to the desire of wanting to touch him.