rebekah

alison pov

"we have a mom..." i said slowly.

spencer nodded, "yeah. veronica and jessica."

i shook my head. "no. spence. i mean we have a mom. 1 mom. her name is Rebekah."

spencer gave me a confused look, "no but, how is that possible? a mom? we are sisters through our father al."

"i don't think so spence...i saw her. she has 2 daughters who she is coming home to see. her sister is Paige and her daughters are original babies she said."

"okay but paige isn't our aunt and we are not original's al. this is crazy...first the powers, and now...this! i mean...it's crazy! right?! it's crazy!"

"actually it's not." we heard an ancient sounding accent say. we turned around and gasped.

that's her!

"rebekah?" i said.

she smiled, "alison and spencer...my have you two grown since your birth." she smiled and reached out to touch spencer's cheek but spencer backed away.

"how do i know you're real? maybe you're one of paige's minions." spencer said angrily. 

rebekah sighed, "look. we just met technically and i get that you may not put trust in me yet. but you need my help. my sister is dangerous and people are after you now that it has become your 18th year."

she looked at me and i instantly saw myself in her. i feel like i actually belong somewhere for once.

when i saw rebekah i knew right there that she was my mom.

"wait...what people?" spencer said.

rebekah looked at me again and i all of a sudden knew what she was thinking.

doppelgangers, witches, hunters, krebbis.

"wait...what doppelgangers?" i asked.

"alison. what are you talking about?" spencer said.

rebekah smiled and rubbed my arm up and down.

"my mind. she can read it. one of your many powers. you two are twins. alison is the power of the moon, and spencer, the sun."

"wait...aren't werewolves the moon and vampires the sun?" spencer questions.

"no. those are their weaknesses. you two are the original babies. i gave birth to you 18 years ago. i don't know how i reproduced. vampires don't reproduce but i did. alison was the first born and then spencer. i had to give you two away because paige was after you. that's when i found the hastings and dilaurentis'. i kept an eye on  you uuntil you were 10. i had to flee because paige was returning to town with mona. i'm sorry i left but i had no choice. i was being chased by several hunters. i asked paige to watch over you but clearly that did not work out quite very well. i was only able to spend 1 year with you guys before i had to giver you away. i begged paige to let me keep her but she told me not to because you were in danger. and now that you have discovered your powers you still are in danger. and the doppelgangers. there are several. alison. you are a doppelganger."

"wait...what? i am?"

"yes. you are. your doppelganger is a vampire named skylar pellegrino."

i nodded and thought.

"what about the other doppelganger? there's another one correct?"

"yes. very good. the other doppelganger is katerina petrova. she is a very dangerous ancient vampire. so is skylar. skylar is looking for you to make your life miserable. she want to bring you pain. but i have been chasing her off ever since."