Emily Catherine Fields...

alison pov

"rebekah. i need a ring." i said.

she looked at me and smiled, "really?"

i nodded, "really. i want this. we're ready for this."

she smiled, "great! let's go!" she took my hand and we ran to the nearest jewelry store.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"that's the one. that's it i know it." i said and pointed to the diamond encrusted silver engagement ring. it is flat, pure silver all around and has a large, diamond at the top on a silver holder.

it's $2,800.00.

"okay. are we compelling or.."

"no. this is emily we are talking about. if we compel the lady to get it for free then emily would never forgive me." i said and chuckled.

"hello." the woman said.

me and rebekah turned to her, "hi." i said and smiled.

"did your fiance mess up a ring size or something? guys can be so oblivious sometimes." she said and laughed.

"some humans really don't have brains..." rebekah whispered. i elbowed her in the stomach and she grunted.

"actually, i am here to buy a ring." i said kindly.

"oh..." she was confused.

"for my girlfriend." i said.

her eyes widened, "oh! i am so sorry! of course! here you go." she handed me the ring and a box.

i smiled and handed her my credit card.

she smiled, "good luck."

"thanks." i said before we left.

i looked at the ring in the tiny, velvet box and smiled, "i'm asking her to marry me rebekah. everything is finally falling into place. she's human. we can have kids." i smiled like an idiot as we went home.

home to my perfect girl.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i walked into the house we all share and smiled as i saw emily sitting on the couch.

"hello my love." i said and kissed her temple.

"oh hey! where have you been?"

i smiled, "nowhere. shopping."

she nodded and i sat down next to her, "so. what are you watching?" i asked.

she smiled, "twilight."

i rolled my eyes, "ugh. please no. this movie is so insulting! we don't shine in the sun! we burn to death! and we aren't even pale! it just! bothers me! how can you possibly like this crap?"

she smiled, "because i like it. it's romantic. and edward reminds me of you." she said and kissed my cheek.

i scrunched my face, "yeah. yipee." i said, unenthusiastically.

she laughed.

she put her head on my chest and i heard her pulse inside of her.

i gulped and took a deep breath.

"you okay?" she asked, sitting up.

"ali. your face is changing..." emily said and touched my face gently.

"breathe ali. it's okay." she whispered.

i took a deep breath and closed my eyes at her gentle touch.