There aren't many people here yet so when we sit down. While I hear Ronnie and Zoey talk each other's ears off, I let my eyes roam the room some more. There's a more secluded area filled with two pool tables, four booths and a massive flat screen hanging from the wall near the right of the drink bar and behind the food bar. Completely opposite to the other seating in the place.

"That area is for the football team only. That's why it's empty." Ronnie says when she notices my lingering stare on that part of the bar.

"Only for them? Why are they so special—" I'm cut off by the door opening and a bunch of rowdy footballers and girls hanging of their sides.

I turn around immediately once they pass us, avoiding eye contact with most of them.

"Oh, my god" Zoey's mouth hangs wide open as she blatantly stares at them. "Fucking hell did I make the right choice switching colleges. Jesus, I need to get me a man."

Ronnie giggles at Zoey but I just stare straight ahead, hoping none of them realise that the girl they nearly hit with a ball is sitting a few feet away from them. I'm embarrassed enough as it is without them being near me. Oh god what if the guy is here? I couldn't stand being—.

"Liv, why is Daniel Easton staring at you?"

I looks up unintentionally and for fuck sake, I meet his gaze. Sitting in a booth is two girls beside him and the rest of his teammates around him laughing while he just sits there in the middle, like king shit. Staring directly at me.

Ronnie wears a confused expression when she looks back and forth from me and him.

"Oh my god. Daniel Easton was the guy you were referring to?" Ronnie gasps and grips onto my wrist likes she's going to topple over.

"Whose Daniel Easton?" Zoey chimes in looking over at the guys. "Oh, the QB and captain of the football team." What? How the fuck does she know him? Why am I surprised? She's Zoey.

"I didn't know his name until you just said it." I lie. "And Zoey, I don't even want to know how you already know him." I fidget in my seat knowing he's still watching me. His penetrating gaze burns the back of my head.

"I might've introduced myself this morning when I saw them walking off the field after practice." Wow just near minutes of when I saw them at the locker rooms.

"Really?" Me and Ronnie both say in unison.

"Yep. Met an Eric Manning, defensive lineman, gorgeous I need to get on him. Along with Shawn Garner, also a defensive lineman—" Ronnie's interest is pushed even further when Zoey points him out, "—a Luke Collins, wide receiver, Cute but not my type. Too nerdy. Oh, and last but not least the brooding, Daniel Easton, Quarterback. He's so sexy, oh my." She all but practically drools.

"I met Luke this morning too. He's actually really nice." I chime in, trying to move the subject off Daniel.

"He is, isn't he?" Zoey continues to talk our ears off. Ronnie is a little quieter after that but I don't say anything about it.

It's been about twenty minutes of just catching up with Zoey when Ronnie's phone rings and she's being made to go back to campus to meet up with someone.

"I'm sorry, girls. I wouldn't leave unless it wasn't important. Don't have too much fun without me and stay safe heading back to the dorms. You know the way, right?" I nod my head as she stands and kisses both our cheeks before heading out.

"Ronnie is so cute," Zoey says once we settle back with our new drinks. I think she might be a little tipsy but not bad enough to head back yet.

"I know. I'm lucky to have her as a roommate." She was about to speak again when the group of footballers start cheering again. I turn my eyes in their direction slightly and see that they are playing a game of pool. Daniel is moving around the table with a few other guys with a pool stick in his hand and money in the other.

From Me to Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें