Chapter 14**

I walked into the coffee shop and searched. I mentally cursed Devon for making me late today, but I couldn't even deny that I wanted to be with him. I scaned the resturant and my eyes zoomed in on a brunnette with a liitle pudge drinking a green tea. I walked over and smiled at her. "Louisa?" She smiled and stood up to greet me. 

"Yes! Hi Jayda, I'm so glad you could make it to see me!" We sat down and the waiter came up to me, so I ordered a green tea. 

"So what do you want to ask me?" She sat back and crossed her legs. She had a thoughtful expression on for a while.

"How did you get involved with your baby's father?" I chuckled and sat back. 

"Well if you want the truth, I met him in a club at his bachelor party. Things got wild and in the morning, I found myself no longer a virgin and married to him. I went to school and found out he was my teacher. Long story short." She was looking at me with wide eyes and I could tell she wasn't expecting that. 

"Are you in love?"

"Yes ma'am." I said chuckling. "Devon is the best thing to ever happen to me. My parents don't approve, but I love him." Louisa nodded.

"My parents basically disowned me when they found out I was pregnant." I saw the tears form in her eyes so I knew it was still a raw topic.

"Well how is the baby doing?" She smiled again.

"Great I can't wait to know what I'm having!" I smiled and listened as she continued on about her baby. I could tell she would be a great mom.  After about an hour, I stood up and hugged Louisa. 

"I'm sorry but I have to go, now." She waved it off. 

"No problem. I'm glad you even stayed this long to talk to me. See you!" I waved goodbye to her and made my way to my car. Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello?" It was Brandon and he I could tell he was crying. "Brandon, whats wrong?"

"Devon, he got shot." I almost dropped my phone but I didn't. I sped to the hospital and frantically searched for Brandon and the rest of the family. I saw them all hudlled in a corner. I walked over to them. 

"What happened?" I didnt want to now, but I had to. Devon was shot and I had to know how.

"She shot him. She shot him in the head." I felt myself gag from the horrer of what happened to my husband. 

"Who?" Nobody answered me. "Who shot my husband!"

"Chloe! She shot him! She came to the house after you left and shot him, then killed herself." She turned to me and said that if she couldn't have then nobody could. I watched her bleed out and die in my face while my brother was covered in blood and I didnt know if he was alive or not! Are you happy?" I was shocked at Brandon's outbreak. 

It finally hit me and I crumpled on the floor and cried. Brandon pulled me into his lap and let me cry into his chest.

I heard footsteps approach and I looked up, hoping it was Devon even though I knew that was highy unlikely. 

"Mrs. Clark?" I stood up and looked at the doctor.

"How is Devon?" The doctor looked down at me with sad eyes. 

"He's stable but in a coma. We won't know the extent of the damage until he wakes up and that's even if he does. He's literally almost brain dead. If you want, the option to pull the plug is available." I looked at the doctor with wide eyes.

"My husband will wake up so don't come to me with that option ever again." My deadly calm voice gt the point across so the doctor nodded sympathetically and walked away. I waked over to the receptionist and asked for the room number and walked to it.

212.

I dont think I could ever like the number 212 again. I sighed and opened the door and almost bust out in tears. Devon was covered in wires and a machine was basically breathing for him. I sat in the chair next to him and cried. 

"Baby, I need you to wake up, okay? I love you and I need you to be here for me, dont leave me baby." I grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on it then cried even harder. 

Devon couldn't die. I wanted him to live. 

No, I needed him to live.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry I did this to Devon :( Hope you enjoyed! There is only going to be one more then an epilouge and Im done! 

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P