Chapter 5**

"If I hear another voice, its an automatic detention!" Well, somebody's a little grumpy. Its been about 3 weeks since I stopped talking to Devon and he had gotten meaner and meaner at school. Every day Chloe has shown up to the school throwing herself all over Devon. He always brushed her off annoyed, but she was persistent.

"Somebody is a little crabby." I whispered to Brandon. He chuckled, but covered it up with a cough. I laid my head down on his shoulder and closed my eyes. As the pregnancy progressed, I was constantly fatigued, and everybody just thought I was being lazy. Brandon tried to help me out since he knew why, but there was only so much he could do for me. I was also struggling to find clothes. I cursed myself everyday for not getting more flowy shirts because people were starting to notice my weight gain. Nobody said it was pregnancy, but soon enough someone was going to put 2 and 2 together.

"Jayda, detention!" My eyes widened, and I bit back my harsh comment. I felt like crying and punching Devon in the face, so I knew my hormones were acting up. I took some deep breaths and I felt Brandon grab my hand to calm me down. It worked a little, but I still was mad. The bell rang and I rushed out of the room and tried to get to lunch fast. I wasn't really hungry but I needed to get away from Devon.

I sat at the table and started to talk to my friends when a freshman tapped on my shoulder. I turned and smiled at her and she gave me the piece of orange paper in her hand. "Mr.Clark would like to see you in his room." I sighed and stood up to go to Devon's room.

"You okay?" I loved how protective Brandon was of me. I knew he was going to be a great uncle in a couple of months. 

"Yea I am." I smiled at him and walked to Devon's room. I knocked on the door then opened it. Devon was grading papers and when he saw me he put his pen down and looked me up and down. "Umm sir what did you need?" That seemed to have broken him out of his little trance because he sighed and stood up. He walked up to me and closed the door behind me and locked the door. 

"Look, I hate not talking to you. I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have treated you the way I did. Please, just look at me again." Sheesh. I left that much of an impression? Maybe we'd actually stay friends after the baby is born. 

"It's all good, Dev. Just don't do it again." 

He grinned, and I felt compelled to hug him. I sighed, then walked up and hugged him. He laid his cheek on my head as I hugged him. "I will make it up to you, okay Jay?" I nodded and he kissed the top of my head. 

"See you later, Dev." He smiled at me and went to sit back at his desk.

"See you later, Jay."

***

"Should I tell him?" I was sitting on Brandon's bed with Dani and Brandon. They both had thoughtful faces on. I had told them about how me and Devon had made up and how he would make it up to me. 

"I mean, I think so. It's not like you can keep his child away from him." Brandon nodded in agreement.

"Yea, and plus, he will be able to tell the resemblance when he or she is born." I sighed and looked at the time. I had about an hour and a half until my date-not-a-date with Devon. I needed to start getting ready. 

"I got to get ready. Devon's taking me out to an expensive restaurant."Dani wiggled her eyebrows, and I chuckled at her childishness. I grabbed my dark green Grecian dress and laid it out on the bed. I put out my black high heels and went to take a shower. After my quick shower, I came back in my room where only Dani was left. I guess Brandon went somewhere else in the house to let me get dressed. 

I slipped on my underwear under the towel then dropped it. I really didn't care that Dani was seeing me practically naked. It wasnt the first time she's seen me, so it was fine to me. "Dang! Your boobs are growing!" I looked down and looked at them. My boobs still looked normal to me.

"Whatever." I slipped on my bra and noticed how it was popping out of the bra a little. I guess Dani was right. I looked in the mirror at my stomach and put my hand over my small mound. I slipped on my dress then started doing my hair and make up. It was 7:15 when I finally finished everything so I still had another 15 minutes before Devon would come get me. I grabbed my heels and went to the living room where Brandon was lounging watching a football game. When he caught sight of me, his eyes popped open. 

"Whoa, if you weren't already pregnant with my brother's baby, I would definitely get you pregnant." I laughed and punched Brandon in his arm. 

"Oh shut up!" I sat down next to Brandon and slipped on my heels and waited until Devon came to get me. "Oh by the way, when Dani leaves, she's going to take my bag of clothes and make up with her. You don't have to worry about it." Brandon nodded, probably not even hearing a word I said. I shook my head.

Men and sports. 

At 7:30 on the dot, the doorbell rang and I went to get it. "Why did you ring the doorbell when you have a key?" 

"It gives more on an effect this way." I laughed and grabbed Devon's outstretched hand. We rode to the restaurant in a comfortable silence, but actually talked at the dinner table. "How are you liking senior classes so far?" 

"Well, I decided to get all my important classes out of the way so I'm liking all these easy As." We both laughed at my teasing of Devon's class.

"Well if that's how you feel." Devon said with fake hurt. We talked for the rest of the night and just enjoyed each other's company. When it came time to leave I sobered up. Now was the time to tell Dev.

"Dev, umm I have something to tell you." He could tell it was serious from the look on my face. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, but I'm pregnant with your child." He stared at me with a blank face.

"What did you just say?" His calmness was scaring me slightly. I didn't know what to expect from him. I opened my mouth to repeat it, but he cut me off. "I'm going to be a dad?" I nodded as he laughed softy. He looked amazed, as he leaned back in his chair. 

"This is real?" I nodded again, and his smile widened. 

"I'm going to be a dad!" He laughed more loudly now, and I finally relaxed some. "Despite the trouble I can already sense coming, I'm actually really happy, Jay." He stood up, and hugged me tightly, before pulling back to kiss my forehead.

This was the perfect date.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Hey I hope you are liking it! 

Vote! Comment! Fan me! 

Love you guys! :)

Pic of Dani on the side!