Chapter 12**

I walked into the main office and smiled at the secretary. She gave me a small wave and looked back at her computer. I knocked on the door to the principle's office and walked in after he said to come in. 

"Hello sir, I came to ask what needs to be done to have online classes."

"Well there is a $200 dollar charge for the courses, but we can fill out the information now then get you started on those classes next week."

"Thank you, that sounds great." I smiled at the principle in relief and he leaned back in his chair.

"May I ask, what made you want to switch?"

"Well, this is too stressful. I'm constantly tired and hungry from the pregnancy. Since the accident earlier this year, I think I just need to concentrate on my child and school work. I've already been sick in school twice, and I feel that it's healthier for me to work from home." He nodded and smiled at me.

"I think that's a smart plan. What do you think is in the future for you?" I shrugged.

"I dont know, sir. I guess we will have to see."

"You know, I've always liked you. You're a bright student, and you just have a tough skin." The fact that the macho principal who listens to Taylor Swift in his down time admitted to liking me made me smile. 

"Well sir, do you think I can ask one favor before I go?"

"Sure thing."

"Do you think we can have a mini assembly at the end of the day so that we can clear up some discrepancies with the school? I've seen that Mr. Clark is getting grief from the rumors, and I just want to help him out."

"Well between me and you, he came and resigned earlier today." I raised my eyebrows in shock. Wow, Devon quit the job he loved. Why?

"Do you know why?"

"He said something about his family needing him more than this job needing him." There was a knowing glint in Mr. Idalgo's eyes. "I have a question for you."

"Sir?"

"That child does belong to Mr. Clark, am I right?" I looked down at my stomach, then back at my principal.

"I don't know what you mean, sir." He chuckled and winked at me.

"That assembly can be arranged, but only for about 30 minutes."

"That's all I need. Thank you." I stood up and walked out of the door when the principle called me back in. "Sir?"

"Make sure you send me a picture of that baby." 

***

"Okay ladies and gentlemen. This is an assembly for Mr. Clark and Jayda. There's been some rumors circulating, and we want to clear them up. This is their last week here, and they wanted to have a quick assembly and given their circumstances, I've allowed it." I walked up to the microphone holding my stomach and smiled at everyone.

"Hi guys. As you know I'm Jayda Quince. Earlier this year, there was an incident in class where I was pushed and fell to the ground. Upon falling, my wrist was broken, and my stomach started to cramp. Mr. Clark jumped to help me. While trying to calm me down, he called me sweetheart." Some whispers started. "I don't think he meant in any specific way. Just a name. It was also pointed out that our rings are similar. In calling that out, it was called out that I was married this summer. I tried to keep it under wraps, but I didn't succeed. My husband is not Mr. Clark." 

I heard people talking, but someone in the front called out. "If its not true, why are you leaving?" There were some whispers of agreement, and I saw Emma smirking in the front.

"Would you want to stay with some judgmental high schoolers when you have the option to go?" He shrugged and I chucked. "I didn't think so. See you guys at graduation. Can't say I'll miss you guys." 

************************************************************************************************************

I know its short but it was just a little something for Thanksgiving. HAPPY THANKSGIVING BTW!!!!

I hope you enjoyed!

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P