I watched the thick smoke leave Valentina's mouth now as we all laid out on the living room floor, finding comfort in the soft material of the rug.

Her hand reached over to me and mine felt light as a feather as I grabbed what was left of the joint with low eyes and a wide pointless smile.

" Lilah, what's so damn funny?"

" Them burnt ass cookies you made."

" Man, cookies sound so good right now." Ocean sang causing the three of us to all stop and glance at each other.

I could tell that we were thinking the same thing because we all soon fell into a fit of laughter as we ran towards the kitchen for the stack of chocolate chip cookies. Baked just right with crisp edges and soft centers.

In reaction, we all subconsciously hummed and melted in our spots... Valentina sliding down the refrigerator and onto the floor, Ocean sitting on the counter with her low eyes focused on the ceiling. I sat on the island with my feet swinging in pure joy at the taste that seemed to be heightened by the drug. " These cookies taste like they been touched by an angel."

" For reals." Valentina bit into another one although she still had a half-eaten one in her other hand.

I found myself leaning to the side as I began to laugh at her- unable to control how hard I laughed at something that was only worth a small giggle.

" Damn Delilah got it bad." Ocean slightly mumbled- chuckling while reaching over for another cookie.

It hadn't crossed our minds that we still sat in the kitchen, but once it processed we took the heaven-sent plate into the living room where we all took our spots back on the comfortable carpet. This must've been what a cloud would feel like if it was solid. So soft. Soft just like the cookies that crossed my mind again.

I smiled and reached over for some more, rolling over onto my back as I took another beautiful blissful bold bite. " I don't know if it's just me but I feel like I'm on a cloud- slowing moving in the sky."

There was silence after my statement until I heard them crack into laughter.

" What? I'm being serious."

" Lilah just hush okay." Valentina chuckled and shook her head.

I sighed and gladly finished the rest of the plate like they said I could- enjoying the ride of this high.

...

Some time passed I know, maybe minutes or hours but I know time passed. We were all laying in my bed. How did we get here? It beats me, I couldn't tell if we simply hiked up the mountain of stairs that oddly moved beneath my feet like ones at a Carnival's funhouse or if we somehow teleported here.

Can I teleport? Did those cookies give me powers? I asked myself but quickly told myself to calm down once I realized how silly my thoughts were.

"Jewelz ... I think I'm a little too high," I confessed in the same mumbling tone I had this entire time. My eyes were so heavy as I remained on my back staring at the ceiling and my heartbeat continued to race rapidly.

I began to question if it was telling me that it wanted to jump out of my chest and be on its own. I, of course, told it no for I needed my heart. Did I? Yes, what the fuck of course you do!