With Hope Comes Ruin

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK and I've tried my best to time the music the best I could. If you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

Delilah pressed the button to be met with a beautiful melody and his voice.

She didn't know which was more mesmerizing — the music or his voice that blended perfectly with it.

His voice coming down into it like a waterfall collides with a stream, yet softer and gentle like a feather falling into a pile of others.

" Looking in my mirror
Took me by surprise
I can't help but see you
Running often through my mind"

She smiled at him.

" Helpless like a baby
Sensual disguise
I can't help but love you
It's getting better all the time" then he smiled as well.

Delilah bit her lip to contain her bright smile as he continued to sing to her.

Michael felt all of his nervousness drain from him at the sight of her and of her enjoying it.

" I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it even if I could
I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it, no."

Delilah's body felt glued to the seat but her soul was gravitating towards him the more he sang.

" Love to run my fingers
Softly while you sigh
Love came and possessed you
Bringing sparkles to your eyes."
he stared at her.

" Like a trip to heaven
Heaven is the prize
And I'm so glad I found you, yeah,
You're an angel in disguise.
I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it even if I could
I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it, no.
I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it even if I could
I can't help it if I wanted to
I wouldn't help it, no."

Michael snapped and rocked side to side out of habit causing Delilah to laugh slightly. He couldn't be still if his life depended on it and she knew that just by seeing his urge to dance.

He began to smile through his singing as he noticed her amusement and he toyed with his movements a bit just to see her contagious smile again.

He was obsessed with the thought of making her happy and he knew he was doing just that by the way she couldn't stop hiding her smiles behind her hand.

...

Once the song was over Michael headed back to her with a sheepish look— anticipating her reaction.

There was a glint to her eyes the closer he stepped towards her." You really wrote that about me?"

He nodded and pulled her from the seat, pressing her to him." I wrote every single word about you Sparkle."