A Night To Remember

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK . If you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

Manhattan, July 12th
1977

" Welcomeee Earth, Wind and Fire." the announcer roared throughout the place.

The stage lights flashed and the music sounded throughout the venue.

Delilah, Valentina, and Alyssa all dressed in red dresses moved in sync with each other— snapping their fingers and rocking their hips side to side.

" Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed.

" Midnight creeps so slowly into hearts of men who need more than they get
Daylight deals a bad hand to a woman who has laid too many bets
The mirror stares you in the face and says, Baby, uh, uh, it don't work."

" You say your prayers though you don't care." the girls shook their shoulders and leaned towards their mics.

The past year had been a roller coaster. First the music video for Ain't No Stopping Us Now debuted making it the song of last summer. Then the day after they shot the video, they performed the first show of LLR's tour in Brooklyn.

During the tour, multiple doors opened for the Soul Madonna's — Earth, Wind, and Fire took interest in them along with other major names in the industry. The Soul Madonna's weren't just the ladies singing backup for McFadden and Whitehead, they were the vocalist that many yearned to work with.

" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland."

Delilah felt a sudden heat as she strutted forward and sang. " love in the world can't be gone
All the need to be loved can't be wrong
All the records are playing and my heart keeps saying
boogie wonderland, wonderland." she stepped back to join them again.

" Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed.

Delilah strutted forward again" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland."

" I find romance when I start to dance in boogie wonderland. Dance, boogie wonderland." Valentina posed, Alyssa posed, then Delilah posed. " Dance, boogie wonderland."

Delilah and Alyssa smiled at each other as the breakdown began and the stage lights swirled around. Delilah loved this specific part when Maurice, the lead, would come and egg her to dance with him.

It was a simple reminder each time that she used to sit in one of Barbra's styling chairs watching their faces on a small screen and now she was here living it.

Delilah laughed as he bumped hips with her and she knew that it was a sign that her cue was coming. Tonight they wanted to try something new for the last song and performance of this tour.