'Tis The Season

December 15th

" Good afternoon my brothers, sisters, and other good folks. 'Tis the season to be jolly people and we're getting closer and closer to that special day. So if you still running late on Christmas shopping-I advise y'all to skip y'all asses on down to the malls or else you might not have a seat at the dinner table - not speaking from personal experience of course... Anyway, this is RadioRic keeping the Christmas Spirit alive with a little of the Temptations - Give Love On Christmas Day."

The most wonderful time of the year. Christmas, a time when families came together and expressed their love through gifts, music, and great food.

The Temptations played throughout Delilah's home as her uncle lifted her up to place the star on top of the tree.

She laughed and squealed slightly as she managed to keep her balance while reaching over.

" This gotta be the tallest, biggest tree we ever had." Curtis chuckled. " Hell, it definitely wouldn't fit in any home in the Valley."

" Shoo, probably not even the Pines." Ocean stared at the white and silver decorated tree in amazement with her hands on her hips.

She dropped them to her side a few moments later and frowned." Wait what's that smell?"

Immediately after her question the smoke detector went off followed by a loud clinging sound.

Curtis immediately fanned a towel under the smoke alarm while Delilah and Ocean rushed to the kitchen to see what happened.

Valentina stood there fanning the smoke away from the pan in the oven.

Delilah and Ocean then noticing the black circles that were once cookies.

" Jewelz, you was supposed to be watching it." Delilah scoffed while Valentina still stood in the same position.

Oven mitts on, an apron, and the open oven with the remainder of the cookies still smoking.

Ocean soon cracked into laughter and snapped a picture of the scene.

Delilah's disappointed look then cracked into an amused smile before she too was laughing once the picture was developed.

" What happened– awe hell you can't just be burning Pillsbury cookies." Curtis tapped the spatula on one, the sound like someone knocking on wood.

" Next time you only in charge of pouring the milk." Delilah grabbed another container of cookie dough.

" And she might just spill that." Ocean butted in while Valentina held both of her middle fingers to them when Curtis wasn't looking.

Delilah

I smiled while removing the cookies from the oven. Letting them cool off, I walked into the dining room where the rest of them waited for me to play my turn in the game Trouble.

I smiled while rolling the die. It was nice to have moments like this, reminding me of memories from my childhood.

Eventually, after the game was over my uncle left leaving just us girls.