chapter thirty nine

chapter thirty nine: the morbergs

Gabrielle Morberg was not a fan of unplanned things, she held organization and planning in very high regard. Evan Morberg was a bit looser with his organizational tendencies but nonetheless, he still believed that things should be planned. But occasionally there were things that you couldn't plan for and the two were about to find that out. It had been two months since Christmas and there were slowly some signs of the cold lifting and the sun shining down on them once again. In England, you could never be too sure though.

Gabi and Evan sat on their balcony, looking over the bustling streets of London, letting out a sigh at the noise from below. Evan's hair was all messed up from sleeping and he was rubbing Gabi's goosebumps covered knee as she sat in only a robe and a nightgown before she shook her head.

"No, I can't. It's bloody freezing. Let's be romantic inside." She slowly stood up and began to walk but when she suddenly felt ill causing her once slow pace to proceed in a fast zoom to the bathroom.

"Love?" Evan stood up, leaving his tea outside and the door wide open as he walked after her, his concern growing as he heard retching from the bathroom. He left the door closed, respecting her privacy, and gave it two gentle knocks as he heard groans.

"You alright? Had maybe one too many last night." Evan rested his shoulder against the door, listening to her ragged breathing before she pulled it open, wiping her mouth and looking up at Evan who had slipped in front of her.

"I don't think it's the booze. Let's go." Gabi was quick to get changed into something more suitable, Evan following her lead before the two apparated to the hospital. Evan didn't like hospitals at all. They reminded him of when he broke his arm while playing quidditch when he was nine and all the pain that came with it.

"You alright?" Gabi asked, looking up at Evan who was looking absolutely as pale as one could be and touching his left arm weirdly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just not a fan of hospitals." Gabi smiled at him and grabbed his hand, giving it a soft squeeze before turning to the healer who called them over to one of the rooms where a senior healer could consult with them.

"I'll just get you to sit in here and wait for a moment or two." The healer smiled sweetly at them before turning out of the room, leaving the two to just sit on the hospital bed together, Evan wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"I wonder what it could be. Maybe a bug or virus." Gabi knew exactly what it could possibly be but she didn't want to blurt it out unless it was actually true. She just patted his knee softly and turned, letting her eyes go wide at the thought of what possibly could be the cause of her illness.

"Hello! How are we today?" The healer walked into the room, a lovely short woman who wore a big smile on her face with her wand gripped tightly in her hand.

"Well, not the best considering we came here." The healer laughed slightly and nodded as she came up to Gabi.

"Of course, of course. I'll get you to lie down on the bed and just cast a few spells and check up on what could be going on." Evan jumped off the bed, leaving the healer to it as he watched and waited anxiously. God, he hoped she was alright and it was nothing serious.

"Oh! Alright!" The healer stopped her examination, not needing to do it for too long and Gabi sat up. Evan quickly joined her and grabbed her hand as the woman smiled at them widely.

"You, my dear, are eight weeks pregnant."

Gabi had never trusted her gut more yet she sat there with Evans had wrapped around hers with shock flowing through her. Evan was equally as shocked yet he didn't hesitate to smile widely and jump off the bed, picking Gabi up from her spot and spinning her around.

"Evan! I still feel sick!" Gabi yelled out causing the man to put her down and start apologizing causing the girl to roll her eyes and grab his face, pressing her lips against his. They left the hospital in a significantly better mood than they arrived in and were practically skipping down the street.

"10 galleons says she'll cry." Gabi shook her head and looked up at Evan with a wide smile.

"I don't even have to make the bet, I know she'll cry." They had sent an owl for Louisa to meet them at the pie shop where an unsuspecting Matilda was working hard. Some witches and wizards would tell their parents first but to Evan and Gabi, Matilda and Louisa are family, and they had no one that they were more excited to tell.

The streets of Diagon alley were empty as it was just after lunchtime and the shops would be closing soon after. The bell to the pie shop rang loudly and the two were greeted by a confused Matilda.

"Hello? Why are you two here?" Matilda rounded the counter and gave them both a hug as they smiled widely at her before hearing a bell behind them.

"What's wrong? Why are we all here?" Louisa strolled through the door, going next to Matilda as they looked at Evan and Gabi.

"Would you guys like some pie?" Matilda grabs a pie dish with cherry pie and held it up for them, a worried but wide smile on her lips.

"I'm pregnant." The announcement whilst a happy one caused Matilda to drop the dish she was holding on the floor causing it to smash.

"Oh god, sorry. Oh my, you're pregnant!" Matilda threw her arms around Gabi whilst Louisa was quick to embrace Evan.

"I always knew you'd be a young dad." Louisa giggled in the hug causing Evan to pull away and shake his head.

"Why do you say that?" Louisa shrugged and looked up at him with a sweet smile.

"You've always radiated fun, young dad energy. That's what I like about you. That's why we became friends." Evan laughed loudly and shook his head as Louisa smacked his arm lightly before switching with Matilda to hug Gabi. Matilda stepped in front of him with tears already running down her cheeks as she looked at him her face twisting.

"You're going to be such a good dad." She cried out as she jumped up and hug him causing Evan to quickly adapt and catch her. She sobbed into his shoulder as he simply laughed at her crying. They spent the next few minutes all crying and celebrating before Matilda finally clean the pie off the floor with a spell.

"What's going on?" The bell for the door went and James walked in with his brow raised as his wife had her wand pointed at the pie on the floor with tears running down her cheeks, Evan stood there awkwardly and Louisa and Gabi were still locked in an embrace. It was quite a scene.

"Gabi's pregnant." James smiled widely and brought Evan in for a hug and gave him a handshake after, the two men grinning.

"Congratulations mate. That explains why my wife is crying." Matilda groaned at him as she reverted the pie to its original state before going up to both James and Evan who smiled at her teary eyes. There was finally something to celebrate. No sadness. No anger. No pain. Just love

"We can always count on you to cry on every occasion." Matilda shook her head at Evan as James nodded in agreement.

"You really can. She is very consistent, isn't she." Matilda let out a gasp and slapped James and Evan's arms, both the men letting out a mischievous chuckle at her.

"Bugger off, I'm an emotional person. Wankers, I'm never going to cry in front of you two again."

"Love, that's a lie and you know it."

The past couple of chapters have been a bit short, I know I'm sorry. But hey, at least you're getting them. I wanted a happy chapter instead of a gloomy one and I feel like we don't have enough Gabi and Evan content so enjoy.

Thanks, Queenie.
(UNEDITED)