chapter nine

chapter nine: the morning after

"Evan!" The Hufflepuff boy heard a yell, grasping his head as he looked around him, trying to ignore the pain the radiated through his skull.

"Evan." He heard again causing him to scrunch up his face and look up at Louisa who was dressed and changed, a look of worry on her face.

"What is it? Merlin's beard, don't you know not to yell like that after a night of firewhiskey and lobe-blaster." Louisa paced around the room biting her lip, looking like a concerned mother.

"Matilda didn't come back last night." Evan frowned confusion flooding into his features.

"What?" Louisa wasn't generally the mother of the group, that was Matilda's job and Louisa felt no troubles when she managed to get into her bed after passing out in the common room at 5 in the morning. It was currently now 10 in the morning and Louisa had taken on the role of the mother of the group since Matilda was nowhere to be found.

"What if she's hurt? What if the bloody girl wandered around the grounds and someone took her? What if-" Evan sighed loudly causing Louisa to stop and frown as the boy got up, adjusting his tracksuit pants and his plain black sleep shirt, both the articles of clothing being deeply wrinkled after his night on the couch.

"I'm sure, she's fine. Let's go get some breakfast and I'm sure she'll be there." But Matilda Allens was nowhere to be found and the pair returned back to the common room, Evan began to freak out with Louisa.

"What if the Centaurs got her?" He worried as they tried to calm down, unaware that their friend was not dead and was in fact blissfully sleeping in the Gryffindor Dorms.

Matilda was awoken by the sun shining on her face causing her to smile, enjoying the tiny bit of warmth she got from it before her eyes fluttered open. The sun beamed down upon her as she turned to stand up before feeling something on her waist. Matilda Allens frowned at the arm that was weighing her down before turning to see a shirtless James Potter, his curls becoming wild overnight. Matilda let out a squeak and moved his arm before standing up, attempting to be subtle before seeing all of his friends watching her.

Sirius raised an eyebrow as he had his arms crossed, sitting on the trunk at the end of his bed whereas Remus stood beside him drinking a cup of tea with an amused look on his face. And well Peter just smiled at her as he read a book on the bed behind them.

"Good Morning, Allens." Matilda gave Sirius a strained smile as she looked at the three boys, all of them looking quite amused by her sneaking.

"Good Morning, Sirius. Remus. Peter." She nodded at them before looking down at her attire to see herself in her pajama shorts and a mustard tank top. She blushed as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked back at the boys who were tempted to start cracking jokes.